V
Posted By
v6v6v6
Mar 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I noticed while using tabs today that if you reorder the tabs and then switch through them using Command-Tilde, it doesn’t move through from left to right. It just keeps the order of when they were opened by Photoshop.

For those of you who use tabs, do you feel that the order should change if you rearrange the tabs, similar to the behavior of tabs on a browser? Personally, this would make sense to me because of the type of work I do where I’ve got multiple comps which are related and should be presented in a certain order.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 2, 2009
V6:

I really think that it is important that you learn HOW the program actually works now, and get more experience in using it, before you question WHY every decision was been made by the engineers who designed Photoshop.

Once you have really mastered the use of the program as it is now designed, you will be able to make more informed suggestions and requests in the "Feature requests" section of the Forum.
V
v6v6v6
Mar 2, 2009
Hey Ann, I don’t believe I’m asking a "why" question here (just wanna know others’ opinions on the current tab switching behavior) but I realize I’m asking a lot of questions that may be outside of the community’s expertise. Thanks for pointing out the Feature Requests forum.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 2, 2009
I agree v6v6v6. For some reason Anne is in a position where she feels it necessary to aggressively defend CS4’s interface, as if it were completely incapable of improvement.

A feature request that I think I made a while back, seem to remember, was to be able re-order open documents or Tabs by criteria, like File Name or Modification Date. You could also add to that Opening Order. Maybe the command tilde, and Control TAB shortcuts could behave in different ways?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 2, 2009
My point is purely that Feature requests need to be made in the right place in either the Feature Requests section of the Forums or by posting directly to Adobe at:

<http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html>

This has NOTHING to do with defending CS4’s Interface but has everything to do with actually learning to use the program AS IT CURRENTLY EXISTS so that your suggestions for improvements come from real experience and understanding.
R
Ram
Mar 2, 2009
Plonking V6… :/ No offense, V6…. This just means I won’t see your posts anymore, that’s all.
V
v6v6v6
Mar 3, 2009
A feature request that I think I made a while back, seem to remember, was to be able re-order open documents or Tabs by criteria, like File Name or Modification Date. You could also add to that Opening Order. Maybe the command tilde, and Control TAB shortcuts could behave in different ways?

Yup, this would be a nice option to have.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections