M
Posted By
MarkOverton
Jun 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I change the scrolling direction back to vertical in CS2? (This way it is the same as the controls in RAW) I must have hit something and now the direction for scrolling (when using all tools or zoom) is side to side. I have not found anything on this subject and would greatly appreciate some help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 10, 2007
It would help if you stated what input device you are using!

See <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.2cd06cd9>

(All of it.)
M
MarkOverton
Jun 10, 2007
Adobe Photoshop CS2 v9.0.2
Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP2
512MB RAM
Plenty of free disk space
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Pentium 4 2.8GHz

Please help.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 10, 2007
Thanks for that.

Now, about the input device …

Is it a mouse? What type? What drivers? Have you tried the settings accessed via the Control Panel?
M
MarkOverton
Jun 10, 2007
It is just a standard Microsoft mouse w/ driver 5.1.2600.0.

I haven’t messed w/ the settings in the control panel and the strangest thing about this issue is the way that it just seems to come and go.

Have you ever heard of this symptom? Thank you in advance for your time.
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Jun 10, 2007
… strangest thing about this issue is the way that it just seems to come and go

Ah, more crucial information. It’s intermittent.

What happens when you hit Ctrl and scroll. On my machine, If I uncheck the "Zoom with Scroll Wheel" box in General preferences, I can scroll up and down with the mouse wheel, and scroll side to side with Ctrl+mouse wheel.

Try resetting preferences, or check and uncheck the "Zoom with Scroll Wheel" preference setting.
M
MarkOverton
Jun 11, 2007
Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the reply. I have definitely tried every conventional option and when the symptom is missing, all is well and performs the way you describe. When it is freaking out on the side by side only mode, I have no ability to go up and down w/ CTRL or anything else and am forced to go back to checking the zoom w/ scroll wheel button.

I think Josh might be onto something w/ the input devices though. The only thing that makes since is that somehow my CTRL key or keyboard is getting "stuck?" This still doesn’t fit entirely though as no other commands are hampered or falsely entered as if the CTRL key were "stuck" in Photoshop or any other application.

The intermittent nature of the problem remains a mystery. Grasping at straws, I seem to think that working slower (allowing Bridge to build metadata etc. and waiting for the computer to build files, etc) has reduced the frequency of the issue but it is still quite annoying and puzzling when it arrives unannounced and unwelcome!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 11, 2007
Have you tried a different keyboard? I recently had to replace mine when the right-arrow key apparently got stuck for no reason (I couldn’t even use task manager, because it would move to the rightmost tab).
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 11, 2007
Have you tried a different keyboard?

Or another mouse?

I had a problem with one mouse where the cursor would start to wander across the screen randomly with no human intervention.
M
MarkOverton
Jun 11, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them out.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections