JF
Posted By
Jed_F_Raybould
Jun 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to know how to create 3D, Chrome and Outline text. I am trying to re-create an old logo from the 1980s. I would also like to have the re-created logo be like a trapezoid, with the bottom part of each letter being shown.

If it can or cannot be done I would like to cut out the logo. This would be done from a still image from VHS to DVD. For the cut out logo I would like to make it into chrome and outline.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Jun 7, 2007
Post a reasonably large image of the logo you’re trying to replicate.

<http://www.pixentral.com> can host the image. Just read and follow the directions there. Copy ALL of the text in the HTML box, and paste in a reply here.
JF
Jed_F_Raybould
Jun 11, 2007
Below is the logo I would like to recreate or replicate. Also, I would like to know the font being used. I have posted the image on a font forum called myfonts.com and emailed it to another website.

<http://photobucket.com>
DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 11, 2007
If the work is from the 80s, it is probable that it is not a named font, but letters created by hand. Photoshop up to the current version did not have 3-D tools to do these effects, and I haven’t been able to test the new version to see how far it goes in 3-D.
JF
Jed_F_Raybould
Jun 13, 2007
Don,

It is from the 80s. Do you know of a font that would kind of resemble created font for the the logo? I tried to make it so that it would look like I was making a transparent GIF, but the white part of the logo was see-thru. If I cannot recreate/replicate it and if I wanted to cut it out would I have to use the magnetic lasso tool or some other tool in order to cut it out.
BD
Brett Dalton
Jun 13, 2007
you familiar with illustrator? if so I’d suggest using the perspective tool in photoshop to get it back to flat (the front of the letters) move it into illustrator and remake the shapes assuming you dont havea matching font, then use the 3d extrude/rotate tool to get the 3d effect back. Grads etc are easier there to apply.

It really depends on the quality of the final output you want/need.
P
Phosphor
Jun 13, 2007
A quick Illustrator example:
CF
C_Finner
Aug 8, 2007
Similar topic:
I am wondering if there is a simple way to apply outlines around text in a colour chosen by the user (in other words it is not inherent to the font itself but an edit done by photoshop).
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Aug 8, 2007
Use a Laer Style with a Stroke.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections