MJ
Posted By
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When i save a document as a jpg on one monitor and then drag the photoshop window to the other monitor and save it the same way, they turn out differently! Whats going on?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Feb 23, 2009
Have You embedded an ICC-profile in the file?
In Your Color Setting what’s Your setting for RGB?
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 24, 2009
sRGB IEC61966-2.1

using North America Web/Internet settings
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 24, 2009
im using a laptop with an external monitor plugged in. im using a psd file, saving it to either png or jpg, when i save it on one monitor it comes out much darker than if i save the file when its open on the other monitor
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 24, 2009
The monitor that the file is displayed on has zero impact on what is saved in the file.

In a non-color managed application, the display of the document might be different on each display. But the file has no dependence on the display.
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 24, 2009
that what i thought.
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 24, 2009
ok i guess i was going crazy, it doesnt matter which screen its on. But i have a png that i created a couple weeks ago, i have the psd which i created it from, but when i save the psd to a png now it always comes out lighter! This is so frustrating. If i do save for web it comes out too dark :/
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 24, 2009
If i open the original png i am trying to reproduce, and open the psd, they are identical in PHOTOSHOP.
R
Ram
Feb 24, 2009
That means you probably did not embed an icc profile in your JPEG or PNG file.

Photoshop assumes all untagged files are in the sRGB color space, but all Apple applications, from the Finder through Safari through iPhoto, throw Monitor RGB at untagged files (dumb!).
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 24, 2009
theres no option for that on a png though?
R
Ram
Feb 24, 2009
I don’t have a lot of PNG files, but most of the ones I just checked do have an embedded icc profile.

If Save for web doesn’t give you the option to embed a profile in a PNG (haven’t checked that yet), you can always use the "Embed Chosen Profile" Apple script included with your Mac.
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 24, 2009
im just lost as to how my first png will or wont have the profile when my current attempts are doing it the opposite.
R
Ram
Feb 24, 2009
Perhaps you used Save As instead of Save for Web for that "first" PNG?
J
JohnVega
Feb 28, 2009
I currently have one main monitor and one tablet monitor. I’m trying to setup them up as main monitor 1 and tablet monitor 2. The menu bar is located in monitor 1 (Apple). What I’m having problem is setting up Adobe Photoshop CS4 to open in monitor 2. The way I’m looking at it is that when the program start it follow the monitor that contain the menu bar. Can this be change without me moving pallets manually? Thanks.
MJ
michael_j_mitchell
Feb 28, 2009
dont know whats going on Guys, but, thanks for your input
E
ehchoot
Mar 10, 2009
JohnVega

"On the Mac, the Application frame groups all the workspace elements in a single, integrated window that lets you treat the application as a single unit. When you move or resize the Application frame or any of its elements, all the elements within it respond to each other so none overlap. Panels don’t disappear when you switch applications or when you accidentally click out of the application. If you work with two or more applications, you can position each application side by side on the screen or on multiple monitors. If you prefer the traditional, free-form user interface of the Mac, you can turn off the Application frame. In Adobe Illustrator®, for example, select Window > Application Frame to toggle it on or off." – Adobe Help "Using Photoshop CS4"

Once you have done that, move the whole block of the Application frame to the Display Tablet. You can then toggle between the monitor 1 and tablet monitor by switching on/off Application frame..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections