Posted By
Berman_Marla
Jun 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi forum members:
Hope you can help with the following issue.
CS2 was working fine until a couple of days and I can’t figure out what changed. The problem occurs when I select "Open" from under the File Menu. In the past, when I chose "open" a window would open that listed my files. Now, the "open" command brings up something that looks like a botched version of Adobe Bridge and then I receive a "Windows – No Disk" error message. CS2 than freezes but the rest of my programs work fine.
Help, please.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 2, 2007
try resetting the prefrences per the faq.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 2, 2007
You need to turn off the Adobe (Version Cue) file open dialog and use the OS file open dialog. There should be a button at the bottom of the dialog that lets you do this. If you want to disable it completely, go to Edit > Preferences > File Handling and uncheck the box allowing you to use Version Cue.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 2, 2007
really mike? 🙂 is that the adobe file manager or something? i never use that. the error message is what threw me though.

if mike’s suggestion doesn’t nail it, see the faq and reset the prefs.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 2, 2007
I never use the Adobe dialogs, either. On my old computer I couldn’t, because it would turn the CPU into molasses. On my current computer it doesn’t but I have never developed the habit of using it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections