Save for Web CS4, alpha channel missing.

GA
Posted By
Giuseppe_Andretta
Feb 11, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t find, in the CS4 Save for Web dialog box, the quality settings for alpha channel, text layers and vectors protection.

Any suggestion?

Giuseppe

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Feb 11, 2009
Giuseppe,

Save for Web is designed to produce the smallest possible file for uploading to a web page. You are not going to retain layers, vectors or alpha channels.

What are you trying to do? Why are you using Save for Web?
GA
Giuseppe_Andretta
Feb 12, 2009
In CS3 Save for Web dialog box showed a small icon beside to the ‘Quality’ slider where you could choose an alpha channel and fine tuning the level of Jpeg compression. In the same dialog box there were options for text layers and vectors. I think the box was called ‘Quality Image settings.

What I’m trying to do, Ramon, is teaching my students where Adobe put that options in the CS4 release…even if I’m an ACI I can’t know everything…an ACI is not a clairvoyant 🙂

Probably my english is getting worse, I do apologize for that.

Giuseppe
P
Phosphor
Feb 12, 2009
Are you sure? I don’t have CS3, but as far as I know jpg has never supported alpha channels or text layers, so why would those options appear in Save for Web? Certainly not there in previous versions.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 12, 2009
It allows text layers to be compressed less tan the image if desired.

The resulting JPG does not have layers of course.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Feb 12, 2009
Help for this option in CS3 < http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/10.0/help.html?con tent=WS078C8C90-AEAB-423b-B02E-5ABB3B8C7E25.html>.

For CS4, it may have been dropped. Ozan was looking for this on January 15 in the comments section at the bottom of the page < http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WS29D0201B-A3E2-4 339-9747-8FB540762EE3.html>.
GA
Giuseppe_Andretta
Feb 12, 2009
That’s it! Thank you guys and sorry again for my bad english request in my first post.

I wasn’t able to find it neither so maybe is definitively gone.

Giuseppe
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Feb 12, 2009
Your English is fine.

It may be worth a continued search. Many things have been moved. While I am not at CS4 now, it was available in CS2 and CS3 so it is unlikely to have been a transient feature.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections