RI
Posted By
Rory_Isaacson
May 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok so I bought Photoshop CS3 yesterday and installed it. The install process went ok and then I typed in my serial number and then it made me activate it. Once I activated it, it said it was expired and wouldn’t let me open Photoshop at all. This is with the new serial, not the one from the beta.

Ok so then I completely removed Photoshop from my computer and did the clean thing and now I’m trying to reinstall it but now it’s giving me the "The Installer Database is corrupt." message. What do I do?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
Gangster-504
Jun 8, 2007
I have the same problem
G
Gangster-504
Jun 9, 2007
The solution is very easy

Delete: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\backup\caps.db

Run setup again!

It’s that simple! enjoy….Gangster-504
AL
Adam_Lane
Jun 9, 2007
I have something you may want to try, but by doing so, you will damage any of your existing, functional CS3 installations. Fair warning…venturing into ‘unsupported waters’ here.

DEACTIVATE and UNINSTALL any CS3 software before doing this. If you don’t deactivate you will lose those activations! If you cannot uninstall because of an installer problem, don’t worry.

Go explore the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe" You will find three directories: "Adobe PCD", "backup" and "caps". Delete these three directories (and the contents).

In the past, when the installer has claimed a "corrupt database", this has worked to get the installer to run again.

This is a last-resort tactic and has worked for me. I’m curious to know if it works for you.
AL
Adam_Lane
Jun 9, 2007
Gangster-504’s suggestion may be all that is necessary to solve this problem. When frustrated to distraction by the installer, I tend to delete more things.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections