HR
Posted By
Howard_Rudnick
Feb 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Only using ps4 for a couple of days, but noticed that moving points on a curve adj layer lags after the file gets bigger. I can’t say at what point in megs, or layer additions that this occurs, but I have never seen this in previous versions of ps. This is a workplace situation, using leopard, fair amount of ram,etc. I don’t get this upgrade. More of a sidegrade. I don’t like the adjustments panel, it doesn’t give me anything positive, just makes me relearn commands,etc, and ends up taking up more screen space.I have set up the configurator, but it doesn’t give me back adj layer options, as in ps3, and it too takes up a little space. If you don’t like the adj panel,and flick panning, what does this upgrade really give you?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 7, 2009
Howard,

Please tell us some specifics about your computer, OS, and its environment, plus file size, free drive space, etc.

Thanks.

Neil
HR
Howard_Rudnick
Feb 9, 2009
Had to get back to work for info. Mac Pro 2×2.66, 4 gb ram, Radeon X1900XT card with 512ram. 2 drives-150/90 available, and 232/60 available. System 10.5.5. IT dept manages all software and hardware. Again, same configuration for PS3, and no issues with curves.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Feb 10, 2009
Howard – unfortunately if you are editing truly High Res files, the whole operation of curves is not as efficient as it used to be in CS3 and before. Here’s some things that will help; Turn Open GL off, preferences/performance, and re-open the file. This will make moving the points less clunky. Also look at my F key Actions method which brings up the dialog boxes, its far and away the best solution, and will make you even more efficient.

Some people work so damn slowly, on crap quality files that they don’t NOTICE these things. Just ignore them.
R
Ram
Feb 11, 2009
Howard,

Go into Photoshop > Preferences > Transparency and Gamut > Transparency Settings > Grid Size and make sure that value is NOT set to "None". Any of the other choices are fine, but "None" is known to cause a lag with curve points.

If having a grid bothers you for any reason, you can just set the Grid Colors to White.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections