TC
Posted By
Thomas_Craul
Feb 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In which Programming language Adobe Photoshop CS3 Prefs.psp are written? Extend Toolscript wont open and in text edit is just cryptic hireoglyphs.

Thans in advance!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 3, 2009
No, it’s a binary format internal to the application.
You should not be editing the prefs files.
TC
Thomas_Craul
Feb 4, 2009
why not? i’d do it at my own risk! can delete it if PS would be screwed up and it recreates a new one at startup. do you have something to hide i shall not read?

i’m refering with this thread to the PAR discussion i’ve started around here in the forum. pardon me Mr. Cox, but as a paying customer i’m not willed to accept that way to work with PAR in PS as it is.

In AE there’s an (unsupported) solution, so there must be a way for PS too.
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 4, 2009
do you have something to hide i shall not read?

Good grief! Chris is more likely concerned with you painting yourself into a digital corner than hiding corporate secrets.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 4, 2009
do you have something to hide i shall not read?

Good grief! Chris is more likely concerned with you inadvertently painting yourself into a digital corner (i.e., messing up your software) than hiding corporate secrets.

Neil
P
Phosphor
Feb 4, 2009
"You should not be editing the prefs files."

Question to anyone:

Does PS CS4 allow users to create their own New Document Presets that will include and display custom guidelines?

If not, that’s one GREAT reason one might want to get in and edit one of those files we’re cautioned against mucking about with.
TC
Thomas_Craul
Feb 4, 2009
Good grief! Chris is more likely concerned with you inadvertently painting yourself into a digital corner (i.e., messing up your software) than hiding corporate secrets.

calm down, i got Chris intention behind his reply, ok.

just want to resolve the goofs with PAR in PS, thats all, that my biggest last wish, because that scary thing has become solved for me via preference file in AE.

i’m not willed to accept the circumstances. i bet this issue is something that could be solved by someone inbetween a break for a pee.

that’s it. nothing less, nothing more.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 4, 2009
could be solved by someone inbetween a break for a pee.

Considering this statement I would say it is one long pee you are taking or you do not really know what you think you know.

It is not to hard to open the preferences and if you do not know how to even do that then how would you handle the alteration. Most likely not too well.

Incase you are interested it is a very simple task, if you know just a little bit.

If someone figured this out for AE and did not address it in Photoshop doesn’t that tell you something very valuable?

In case you can’t figure out what I mean, they would have done the same to Photoshop if they could.
TC
Thomas_Craul
Feb 4, 2009
Considering this statement I would say it is one long pee you are taking or you do not really know what you think you know.

know my craft as an editor and compositor and i’m using my skills and knowledge about how to use software to achive tasks that someone else would consume hours, days or even weeks to accomplish.

Adobe developers know their craft, they’ve programmed that piece of software and they exactly know the lines of codes and variables and were the triggers are.

rather think that nobody cares because what i believe is, that the jar of requests is not full enough to slop over.

these discussions are making me tired coz this is a fight inbetween David and Goliath, but Goliath wins.

This is frustrating.
JJ
John J
Feb 5, 2009
Phos±four dots wrote:

Does PS CS4 allow users to create their own New Document Presets that will include and display custom guidelines?

What about creating a simple action and a short-cut? Too much work?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections