"Could not save as "File name.psd" because the file is already in use or was left ope

S
Posted By
sanjug1
May 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all genius

I’ve a windows XP professionals operating system & recently I’ve installed CS2 full version & after installing the CS2, I’ve started working on psd file …. but its not allowing me to save the .psd (any format) file…. its showing the Dialog box that "Could not save as "FIle name.psd" because the file is already in use or was left open" & its creating the photoshop TMP file insted of .psd format. but when I installed the Photoshop 7 its working fine with psd & other format.

Please help me

Regards
sanjay

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
May 22, 2007
Search your system for psicon.dll and rename it to psicon.dll.old. Reboot.

Note: you’ll lose thumbnails in Windows explorer for PSD files.

Bob
S
sanjug1
May 22, 2007
Hey Robert Thanks for a quick reply…
Is it the only solution for this kinda problem? you know any one facing this same prob? or its a version cue problem?

Thanks
sanjay
BL
Bob Levine
May 22, 2007
Yes, it’s a known issue and is the reason that Adobe ended the practice of letting the O/S generate previews for those files. Beginning with CS the psicon.dll was no longer installed with Photoshop.

Bob
P
Peter
Nov 10, 2007
I know this is an old post. My solution, CS3, was to reset preferences to factory default.

Peter

<Bob Levine> wrote in message
Yes, it’s a known issue and is the reason that Adobe ended the practice of letting the O/S generate previews for those files. Beginning with CS the psicon.dll was no longer installed with Photoshop.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections