IM
Posted By
iijin_myriiv
May 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using CS2 and every time I switch tools, open or close photoshop I get three error popups saying

"invalid entry. an integer between 0 pixels and 250 pixels is required"

I can hit ok three times and it goes away then I can go on with my business. The error is very annoying and absolutely destroying any productivity. Can someone please help here!

I have already deleted the preference file three times, uninstalled Photoshop twice, done a full repair on Windows and fully updated Windows and Photoshop.

Thank you

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
May 22, 2007
Try deleting your prefs file as per the Forum FAQs
IM
iijin_myriiv
May 22, 2007
"I have already deleted the preference file three times, uninstalled Photoshop twice, done a full repair on Windows and fully updated Windows and Photoshop."
JJ
John_Joslin
May 22, 2007
I have already deleted the preference file three times,

What did you delete and how?
IM
iijin_myriiv
May 22, 2007
first time I located the file in doc and settings and manually deleted it, second and third time I used the ctrl+alt+shift method at startup.
IM
iijin_myriiv
May 23, 2007
still having this problem
DM
dave_milbut
May 23, 2007
all tools or just one specific tool? keep an eye on the options bar when switching tools. also look in the feather box to see if there’s a funky # in there. but resetting the prefrences SHOULD have done it. that’s what its for. i think people here are a little stumped that you say you did it (and it sounds like you did it right) but it didn’t help…
DM
Don_McCahill
May 23, 2007
What did you delete and how?

The reason this was asked is that when people use the Ctrl Alt SHift method, they often don’t get the dialog asking if they want to delete prefs, which means that they were not deleted. A new method has to be found, because today’s faster computers mean the time when those keys work is down to a split second. But that is a programming/features issue.

If your prefs deletions were working, and the problem persists, then I would reinstall PS, and then delete prefs again when reopening the reinstalled PS. (Prefs are not deleted when you reinstall).
WE
Wolf_Eilers
May 23, 2007
A new method has to be found, because today’s faster computers mean the time when those keys work is down to a split second.

Agreed, but here’s the trick to get the preference dialog to come up even on a fast machine. Hold the Shift+Ctrl keys, then launch Photoshop, and then immediately press Alt (with Shift+Ctrl still depressed).
BL
Bob Levine
May 23, 2007
Even easier. Hold the three keys down and simply hit start>all programs>Photoshop.

Or…if you have a desktop icon, hold the three keys down and righ click the icon and choose open.

Bob
WE
Wolf_Eilers
May 24, 2007
Not on my machine. Holding all three keys does not allow selecting start>all programs>Photoshop, not does it allow right clicking
the icon and choose open.
IM
iijin_myriiv
May 24, 2007
I am convinced this is not a prefs problem. I am quite certain it is a system problem that has been created by photoshop. The reason I say that is when it happens I lose my decimal point in the system calculator. It also does not happen if I do not install photoshop, I had this most recent OS for 6 months before I finally installed photoshop on it and within a month I have the problem.

I have even tried stepping back to 6.0 and after a month or so of usage I always end up with this problem. I have also had this happen on three different computers for both 6.0 and CS.
DM
dave_milbut
May 24, 2007
The reason I say that is when it happens I lose my decimal point in the system calculator.

that’s odd, but doesn’t sound like a photoshop problem. sounds like something else is causing it and that’s a symptom.

do you have any keyboard utilities running or something? maybe multilanguage/keyboard app or maybe IM apps (sometimes steal keys for use as hotkeys).

try rebooting in safe mode and running photoshop (and calculator).
IM
iijin_myriiv
May 26, 2007
Only happens when I put Photoshop on the computer.
DM
dave_milbut
May 27, 2007
you’re missing something. there’s something you’re overlooking and we can’t guess it because we don’t have that information. some tweak or other you do to your system or some other application/plugin that you probably think isn’t important…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections