Posted By
Sheree_Stephenson
Jan 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
my system:
I’m running photoshop c24 extended. I’ve got an iMac running osx v.10.5.6, 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo, and have 2gb SDRAM

This morning (29/01/09) I installed a software updates – the iLife media browser update, iDVD update, Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update and Quicktime update. After starting my computer back up I have not been able to open any psd files in photoshop. Jpgs open all right and I am able to create new files. But, anytime that I try to open and existing psd file, it opens up and then I immediately get the following message:
"could not complete your request because of a program error." If I click ok, the same message pops up again and again, essentially freezing up photoshop and forcing me to force quit the app.

I’ve tried opening up the same psd files on my laptop and they open just fine. I also tried going back into time machine to retrieve earlier versions in case the psd files I was working with in case they had been corrupted. Nothing has worked… seems to be photoshop not the files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 29, 2009
Quicktime Update?!

Hmm.

[Here we go again?]

But the first thing to try is to run "Repair Permissions" after installing the new software; then reboot the computer.
SS
Sheree_Stephenson
Jan 29, 2009
I tried doing the "repair permissions" thing and at first I thought it worked – I was able to open a few psd files. Then I started getting the same problem again.

I don’t think ilife installed any fonts – but when I tried to open a different file just now i got a message about some corrupt font files which i didn’t get earlier. So I just ran a check with fontBook on all my fonts – got rid of 5 corrupt fonts and about 50 duplicate fonts.

I’m hesitantly optimistic in saying that I think that solved the problem!

thanks for the help!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 29, 2009
Let’s hope … .

🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections