B
Posted By
Blizzard
Aug 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 Starter Edition and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. If I bought Adobe Photoshop 7, does that take the place of the other two programs plus other feathers?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Jim_Hess
Aug 13, 2004
Photoshop has a lot of additional features that are not included in Photoshop Elements. Photoshop Elements has been designed primarily to give photographers the basic features from Photoshop that are best suited for them. Many of the other features have been withheld, including some that many users on this forum would appreciate having. Photoshop has none of the features of Photoshop Album. Photoshop Album is primarily a photo organizing program. And if you want those features it will be necessary for you to continue using it. Incidentally, Photoshop 7.0 is not the current version. If you are considering purchasing it, you must have found a source for purchasing a used copy.
B
Blizzard
Aug 13, 2004
Thank you for the reply, what is the current version of PhotoShop? The reason I wanted to know about PhotoShop 7 is that I had heard about it and wanted to know if I should delete the other two programs off my computer if I bought PS 7.
Thank you,
Janet
JH
Jim_Hess
Aug 13, 2004
The current version of Photoshop is Photoshop CS. I have also seen it referred to as Photoshop 8.0. I don’t know that you would want to remove the Photoshop Elements or the Album software. As I explained in my previous message, Photoshop does not have any of the Album features built into it. There are a number of people who contribute on this forum who use both Photoshop CS and Photoshop Elements. I am one of them. Personally, I use Photoshop CS almost exclusively now. But there are others who switch back and forth between Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. I think it would be wise for you to keep both programs on your computer for a while until you have an opportunity to evaluate your needs against both programs.

Is there another issue involved here such as a shortage of disk space? Photoshop is a much larger program. So if you are trying to conserve space this change isn’t going to accomplish anything for you. Maybe it’s time to add an additional hard drive if space is the problem.
B
Blizzard
Aug 13, 2004
Thank you, that helps me decide.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections