Posted By
Elisabeth
May 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello!
When I have a picture taken with my digital camera and want to make a copy In Photoshop in size 240×320 – (for my cell-phone) – what is the easyest way?
When i select Image/Image Size and then select 240 – I don`t get 320… if you understand.

Hope someone can help me.

mvh,
Elisabeth

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Jim
May 19, 2007
"Elisabeth" wrote in message
Hello!
When I have a picture taken with my digital camera and want to make a copy In Photoshop in size 240×320 – (for my cell-phone) – what is the easyest way?
When i select Image/Image Size and then select 240 – I don`t get 320… if you understand.

mvh,
Elisabeth
Doesn’t your digital camera make images which are in the 3:2 aspect ratio? This means that if you make the short side 240 pixels, the long side will be 360 pixels. What you must do is crop the long side to 340 pixels and leave the short side alone.

Jim
TB
Tony Blair
May 19, 2007
Hello!

mvh,
Elisabeth

If you are going to do this frequently!! you can create your own crop tool to that exact size in Photoshop, you can then save it and name it ‘240×320’ or similar.
If you select the crop tool you will see a new specific toolbar appear with dimensions already entered, alter those dimensions and save the new tool! Look in the help file for more information.
E
Elisabeth
May 20, 2007

If you are going to do this frequently!! you can create your own crop tool to that exact size in Photoshop, you can then save it and name it ‘240×320’ or similar.
If you select the crop tool you will see a new specific toolbar appear with dimensions already entered, alter those dimensions and save the new tool!
Look in the help file for more information.

Hello again!
Thank you for your answer.
I understand what you mean, but not HOW to do it.
Could you please take it – step by step – how you would do it.

Thank you!!

mvh,
Elisabeth
TB
Tony Blair
May 20, 2007
"Elisabeth" wrote in message news:Rrudnc0_peq7-

mvh,
Elisabeth

OK Open an image
Select the crop tool from the left hand tool palette
When the crop tool is selected the menu bar over your image will change to a crop tool specific menu!
and you will see two boxes for height and width!
enter 320 px in one and 240 px in the other! (it does not matter which) At the very left hand end of this new toolbar/menu you will see a crop tool icon and next to it a tiny arrow,
click on the arrow and a list of all your existing presets will appear, on the right hand side of that list is another arrow and a small curled page icon! click on the curled page icon to get the create a new tool preset box!
And with a bit of luck!!! your new preset will already be in there!! you can amend that to what you want and save it!
It will then be accessible from the crop tool menu, and if you require landscape or portrait crop all you do is click on the arrows between the two measurement boxes to reverse the current setting!!
Hope this helps!
Feel free to email if it is not clear!
This is a very handy device for saving particular sizes, such as passport photos!!

Once you have your preset crop you can drag it out over your image to include which parts you want, and the resultant crop will always be the right size.

Harry
E
Elisabeth
May 20, 2007
mvh,
Elisabeth

OK Open an image
Select the crop tool from the left hand tool palette
When the crop tool is selected the menu bar over your image will change to a crop tool specific menu!
and you will see two boxes for height and width!
enter 320 px in one and 240 px in the other! (it does not matter which) At the very left hand end of this new toolbar/menu you will see a crop tool icon and next to it a tiny arrow,
click on the arrow and a list of all your existing presets will appear, on the right hand side of that list is another arrow and a small curled page icon! click on the curled page icon to get the create a new tool preset box!
And with a bit of luck!!! your new preset will already be in there!! you can amend that to what you want and save it!
It will then be accessible from the crop tool menu, and if you require landscape or portrait crop all you do is click on the arrows between the two measurement boxes to reverse the current setting!!
Hope this helps!
Feel free to email if it is not clear!
This is a very handy device for saving particular sizes, such as passport photos!!

Once you have your preset crop you can drag it out over your image to include which parts you want, and the resultant crop will always be the right size.

Harry

Thank you very much! I made It! 🙂

Just one other thing – If I have a normal size/full size picture… and want to decrease It – the whole picture, or at least more of the picture – to 240×320.
How do I do that? I realize that I will not keep the aspect ratio, and people will be thin or fat or whatever… but Is It possible?

Thnk you again!

mvh,
Elisabeth
TB
Tony Blair
May 20, 2007
Just one other thing – If I have a normal size/full size picture… and want to decrease It – the whole picture, or at least more of the picture – to 240×320.
How do I do that? I realize that I will not keep the aspect ratio, and people will be thin or fat or whatever… but Is It possible?

mvh,
Elisabeth
Image > Image size > fill in the pixels dimensions and make sure resample image box is ticked!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections