AH
Posted By
Andre_H.
May 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recall hearing that one should change the screen resolution setting in the preferences located under "new document preset resolution" from the default of 72 pixels/inch to match their display properties. I’m using a 15.4" lcd set at 1280 x 800. My question is, should I leave the default setting as is, or should it be set to something higher? Additionally, could someone kindly explain how to determine the appropriate setting so that I can do this on my own in the future when I get a new display?

Thanks for your help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
May 17, 2007
could someone kindly explain how to determine the appropriate setting<<

To determine your actual screen resolution, measure the width of your display and divide the horizontal resolution by that figure.

In your case that will be (roughly) 1280/11.25 or approx 114 ppi.

(Although I can see little advantage to setting your presets to the actual screen rez other than having the rulers more nearly match real-life when viewing at 100%).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections