A
Posted By
ajfrank
May 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS 3 and Windows XP. I opened a number of Raw images in Bridge and sent them to Raw inorder to save them all in .jpg format, These were sent to a desktop folder. I then tried to delete the folder[which I created to send my images to Costco] but I keep getting the message that the jpg folder is being used by another program. I purged the cache in Bridge but still can’t delete the folder.

I don’t know if this relevant but after creating the jpg folder Bridge wouldn’t open. However, it now seems fully functional.

Any help will be much appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
May 17, 2007
In the OS change your setting to show hidden files. There might be something still in the file that you can’t see. Or there might be a permissions problem. Did you reboot the computer, and then try to delete?
A
ajfrank
May 17, 2007
Don, thanks. The show hidden files box was already checked but rebooting did the job. I guess there are a few bugs in the CS 3 program but the upgrade from CS was worth putting up with a few minor problems.
DM
Don_McCahill
May 17, 2007
but rebooting did the job

Occasionally Windows leaves handles open to files in a folder, even if the file is deleted. This prevents the file from being deleted. The reboot will break those links, and then the folder can be eliminated. I suspect the problem is on the Windows end, and not PS.
H
Ho
May 17, 2007
Close Photoshop/Bridge and you can delete the folder.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections