Posted By
Craig_Lashmet
Jan 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Very frustrating.

I cannot drag ‘n drop any image file from Bridge CS3 or from Mac’s Finder onto a Photoshop CS3 canvas. In older versions, I’ve been able to easily drag/drop images, but I am perplexed on how to solve this. I’ve read about having an "Adobe Unit Types" in a ScriptingAdditions folder of Library. I have a file there called, "Adobe Unit Types.osax", so not sure that is an answer.

Any advise is helpful.

My setup:

MacBook Pro
OSX 10.5.6
2GB
Adobe CS3 Extended Suite (Photoshop 10.0.1)

Any advise is helpful.

thx. Craig

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EB
Erin_Basten
Jan 28, 2009
I am not sure if this is a feature, since you say it worked on other versions. Has it ever worked with your current setup? If it has, I would suggest resetting your prefs.

If it hasn’t, you might want to import using the Smart Object feature. Also, I believe that when I am in Bridge, I can right-click on an image and send it to PS.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 28, 2009
You can drag and drop from Bridge into illustrator and InDesign but NOT into Photoshop.

You either "File menu/Place" into Photoshop from Bridge or "Open as Smart Object".

I don’t think that has changed.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections