JK
Posted By
Janet_K_Williams
Aug 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do a lot of photo editing, though I am certainly no expert. Recently my clone stamp tool "broke!" It is behaving as if it’s set on about 5% opacity, though it’s on 100%. Mode is on normal. Suggestions? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
slp20082008
Aug 7, 2004
My problem is worse! Suddenly my computer acts as if the ALT button has been hijacked! Therefore, I need to somehow substitute for that button during PSE. The same for CTRL (as in CTRL + J for a duplicate page). Ideas???
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 7, 2004
<CTRL> + J doesn’t duplicate a page in Elements 2 use copy <CTRL> + C and Paste <CTRL> + V.

Grant
MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 7, 2004
Control+J makes a new layer via copy in Photoshop 7, but not Elements, for whatever reason.

Mac
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 7, 2004
Janet,

Just a thought… check your BRUSH tool’s "More Optiions" settings to see if "Tablet Support" has been enabled. Strange as it may seem, that setting affects the Clone Stamp, as well.

Byron
JK
Janet_K_Williams
Aug 7, 2004
Byron — it was enabled. Thanks for trying…
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 7, 2004
Janet,

I *meant* that you should ensure that is is NOT enabled… unless you are actually using a tablet.

….sorry for not being more clear.

Byron
JK
Janet_K_Williams
Aug 8, 2004
"Unenabled" it. Didn’t help. Thanks.
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 8, 2004
Have you tried deleting the Elements Preference folder? Heavy cloning activity has been responsible for corrupting the preferences in my PSE more than once. It’s worth a try, because it does no harm.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a QUICK grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new folder will build as Elements continues to launch.
JK
Janet_K_Williams
Aug 9, 2004
Thanks, Beth — you’re a LIFEsaver!!! I *had* been cloning very heavily before it died. Will certainly archive your "fix." Are you "just" a user, or a customer-service person? Regardless, thank you very much. I live to clone another day! =)
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 9, 2004
I’m an Elements user who specializes in telling people to delete Preferences. 🙂 I’m glad that worked; the symptoms sure sounded familiar.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections