DG
Posted By
David_G_Nelson
Jan 21, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a 24" IMac with system 10.5.6, 2.33 GHz core 2 duo processor 4 Gig L2 Cache 3 Gig memory.
When attempting to use the measure tool photoshop locks up and the image that I am working on turns to wide bands of noise. I have to use force quit to get out.

I have no problem using the ruler tool with Photoshop CS3, however Photoshop CS4 extended locks up every time.
I tried repairing permissions — no luck.

Any Ideas??

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Jan 22, 2009
Have you tried trashing the Photoshop preferences?

This Adobe tech note tells you how to do that automatically or manually.

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405012>

" To recreate the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?" "
DG
David_G_Nelson
Jan 22, 2009
I just tried that and got the same result after trashing the Photoshop preferences.

Dave
R
Ram
Jan 22, 2009
Try turning OFF OpenGL and relaunch the application. This will tell you if it’s a video driver or video card issue.
DG
David_G_Nelson
Jan 26, 2009
Turned off OpenGL and Photoshop works!!

Thanks Ramón

Dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections