Photoshop CS4 Crashing on Saving (Part Deux)

LB
Posted By
Lisa_Boggs
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’m actually having a similar problem to one of the earlier posters.

I’m editing a wedding with CS4. I just switched to the trial version and am purchasing in about a week or so. Have been having no issues until the past couple of days. I drag a series of JPEG photos from CS4 Bridge into Photoshop. I edit a JPEG photo with some actions (thereby creating layers), hit "Save As" and I hit "JPEG." It automatically wants to save that file as a "copy" but I delete copy because I want it to save over that file. Typically up pops a box saying "Cancel" or "Replace." About 70% of the time it works, but 30% of the time that box with "Cancel" and "Replace" comes up blank, and I have to force quit Photoshop because it freezes.

I originally thought the problem was my new terabyte hard drive, so I stopped editing on that. Now I’m editing on my actual iMac hard drive (which has 100GB available). But it still keeps happening. Now I’m thinking it has to be a CS4 issue, but I have no idea what. Could it be the actions I’m using? The number of files I open at once? I can’t figure it out. I’m not super computer savvy, so I’m hoping someone can help!

Many thanks in advance,

Lisa

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections