Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello to everybody,
thank you for your attenction.

I use Photoshop CS4 on MacOS Leopard.
I have to create QuickTime VR movies and I’m evaluating to buy Autodesk Stitcher to do it. Photoshop produces great photomerged images, so, before spending 400 euros in Stitcher, do you know if is it possible, and how, to export my Photoshop photomerged files in a QuickTime VR movie?
I think it isn’t (Adobe, why?!?), but I’d infinitely like to be wrong.

Thanks a lot.
Best reguards.

STefano Bianchi

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 21, 2009
Stefano,

I don’t know how Stitcher works, but the Photomerged panoramas by Photoshop can be flattened and saved in any format available to "ordinary" photos. So, whatever other format works with VR will be available to you.

Neil
SB
Stefano_Bianchi
Jan 21, 2009
Hi Neil,
thank you for your help.

Stitcher imports different shoots (as Photoshop does, and better I think) and photomerge them, giving you the possibility to export them in as "Cubical image" mode or "Spherical image" mode or other kind of situations, useful to create QuickTime VR panoramas. That is, there is something more, asked to a photo stiching software, that Photoshop, I’m afraid, can not do… imple "photomerging" could be useful, but not all…

Thanks again Neil.
All the best,
Stefano
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 21, 2009
Stefano,

the possibility to export them as "Cubical image" or "Spherical image"

If you mean resulting in straight line or curved line perspectives, Photoshop gives you those options (plus others and "automatic") prior to image creation. Have you tried the different options Photoshop offers to see if one matches your needs?

Neil
SB
Stefano_Bianchi
Jan 21, 2009
Thank you Neil.

"Cubical Image exporting" consists in "pasting" the photomerged "big" photo you obtain stitching all your single photos inside a cube. The cube represents your "universe", all you can see around you. When you export your cubical image, you indeed export six square images corresponding to the six internal faces of your cube (where you virtually stay, observing your world).
I don’t think Photoshop exports this kind of images, and then use them to fill your QuickTimeVR’s world cubical surface (in the case you choose to export your panorama in a cubical image).

Note: I’m not talking about image formats: these images could be jpg as tga, as tiff.

Stefano
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 21, 2009
Stefano,

Thanks for the clarification. And, no, I’ve never seen the option within Photoshop.

Neil
M
Mylenium
Jan 22, 2009
No. Photoshop creates interactive panoramas by ways of mapping it onto 3D layer primitives, which is different from QTVR. Likewise, the normal panorama functions only create warped/ optically corrected 2D representations. unfortunately at this point you cannot avoid getting an external program to do the kind of interactive pano stuff you have in mind, even if it means shelling out another 400 bucks.

Mylenium
SB
Stefano_Bianchi
Jan 23, 2009
Thank you Mylenium,
I was afraid of this… what’s a pity. At now, the "Pangea" doesn’t exist…

Thank you Neil too.

Best things to you both.
Stefano

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections