Sia_Balabanova
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Product: Photoshop CS3
Mac OS Tiger

I used a dissolve brush mode in a low resolution file to create texture. I have to recreate the file in a larger scale but the grain of the dissolve brush is not large enough. Is there a way to use the dissolve brush with bigger scale of dots?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
PeterK.
Jan 20, 2009
You can’t make dissolve use anything other than single pixels in drawing its effect, but if you made the dissolve on a layer, merge it down onto a blank layer to rasterize the dissolve pixels, then size up your image to the high resolution using "nearest neighbour" for the resampling option. Then just drag the layer into your high resolution image and it will have the same dissolve pattern that your low res. image had.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Jan 20, 2009
Yes Dissolve blend mode is one of the very few things that should perhaps be dropped.
SB
Sia_Balabanova
Jan 21, 2009
Thank you PeterK. although pattern is a little blurred when scaled up, with sharpen filter it actually works.
P
PeterK.
Jan 21, 2009
Check my first reply! Use "nearest neighbour" when resampling up, then it won’t be blurred. It will be hard-edged just like the original dissolve.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections