HS
Posted By
Hugh_Stratford
Aug 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a Canon S800 printer. I get faint white lines across the narrow side of the paper when making prints. These lines are very faint, about 1/16 on an inch apart. I have tried all I can think of, I clean the rollers,clean everything listed, run all the tests and even clean the print head with a soft cloth.
Any suggestions? any idea what causes these lines? I can use the help, they are really bugging me, I want them to vanish, go away, get lost!
Hugh

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BE
Bob_E._Warren
Aug 2, 2004
The symptoms sound like a clogged or faulty nozzle on the print head. Have you run the nozzle cleaning utility and the test print? If the line keeps showing up on the test print even after running the nozzle cleaning utility, you may have a faulty nozzle and might have to replace the print head (or buy a new printer).
Bob Warren
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 2, 2004
Hugh,
I had identical problem with my Lexmark printer and went through the drill outlined by Bob, but this did not help. My printer was still in warantee and Lexmark sent me a replacement which has been fine.
Ken
MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 2, 2004
Are lines there printing a photo from any app or just Elements?

If only Elements, look at ppi of your image, make sure it is a whole number, and not 280.45 or somesuch. That has been known to confuse some printer drivers as they try to print a "partial pixel" out of Elements/Photoshop.

Mac
BT
Ben_T
Aug 2, 2004
Another cause: make sure you have selected the correct paper within your printer set-up. HTH
Ben T
HS
Hugh_Stratford
Aug 2, 2004
Thank you Gentlemen!

I will check each suggestion in the next two days on the three papers that I use, my printer is pushing three years old so without any tests I just may have to get a new print head.

Hugh

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections