RS
Posted By
rob_serface
Aug 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I haven’t used my PS elements very often because I get this message almost every time I try to scan something. Sometimes I can, sometimes I get this message, get frustrated and don’t try anymore. It has come to the point that I really need to scan alot of pics. I ‘Install ‘ both Elements and the software that comes with the scanner. Under Plug-ins I choose Elements and USB scanner. 2 days ago it let me scan and work on a picture. Today when I turned my computer on, I tried to scan using USB scanner and it gave me that message: APE has quit because of unexpected error type 25.

I have looked at all manuals and cannot find what this error means!!! Will someone please help me???

thanks,

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 1, 2004
Post more information about the kind of computer you’re using – Win or Mac, the operating system, and the kind of scanner you have. The more information provided, the greater the chance someone will recognize your symptoms and help out.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Aug 1, 2004
<rob_serface> wrote…
I haven’t used my PS elements very often because I get this message almost
every time I try to scan something. Sometimes I can, sometimes I get this message, get frustrated and don’t try anymore. It has come to the point that I really need to scan alot of pics. I ‘Install ‘ both Elements and the software that comes with the scanner. Under Plug-ins I choose Elements and USB scanner. 2 days ago it let me scan and work on a picture. Today when I turned my computer on, I tried to scan using USB scanner and it gave me that message: APE has quit because of unexpected error type 25.
I have looked at all manuals and cannot find what this error means!!! Will
someone please help me???

That’s a system error, rather than APE error. It may mean out of memory. Assign more memory to APE, and also to the scanner utility if possible.

Ed Wurster
http://www.ewurster.com/blog/

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections