B
Posted By
Brad
May 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Need to install CS3 on 5 Server 2003 boxes.

"The minimum system requirements listed below are needed in order to run Adobe Photoshop CS3 and are not met.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 and greater
Windows Vista"

Any ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Brad
May 10, 2007
Ok – found this extremely informative post about the Microsoft Application Verifier, and it seems to be working!!

JTS665 – 2:44pm Apr 19, 07 PST (#11 of 27)

Just install it (you can download from MS at < http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bd0 2c19c-1250-433c-8c1b-2619bd93b3a2&DisplayLang=en)>.

Run the tool, pick ‘Add Application’ from the file menu and browse to the ‘setup.exe’ program in the CS3 install folder on the DVD. Once you’ve added the app you can pick tests from the right pane. Open the ‘Compatibility’ node and check HighVersionLie. Right click it after checking it and pick properties. Fill in the above info to mimick win xp sp2 (option: major version 5, minor version 1, build number 2600. Advanced: service pack major 2, service pack minor 1) – you dont need to specify the product type field. Save everything (button on bottom right of app) and then run the installer for CS3 (setup.exe in the photoshop cs3 folder) with the Application Verifier running.
FB
Fred_Brodeur
May 31, 2007
Nice find Brad!! Question, After you install CS3 on Server 2003 do you need to run the Application Verifier every time you want to run CS3? How does CS3 run after? I have server 2003 Enterprise x64 at home and would like to use4 it for a desktop just for Photoshop work.

Thanks for your feedback

Fred
PB
Patrick_Buser
Jul 6, 2007
Hi Fred

I have the same situation at one of our customers. We’d like to install CS3 on Win2k3 x64 to publish it via Citrix PS4.5.

I haven’t tried it yet with the application verifier. But were you able to get it work and does it run stable after the installation? The Application Verifier hasn’t to be run everytime you start CS3 does it?

Thanks for you feedback!

Patrick
FB
Fred_Brodeur
Jul 6, 2007
Hi Patrick

The Application verifier is used only to fool the install program and after that you can uninstall it to get back drive space. (Not that it’s huge!)

So to answer your question, No you do not need to run the App Verifier every time you want to run CS3
PB
Patrick_Buser
Jul 9, 2007
Hi Fred

Thanks! I just gave it a try on our test farm and it seems to run stable. I’ll deploy it to production this week. Glad I found this post!

Patrick
DM
Dave_Minker
Jul 10, 2007
I’ve tried this on a Windows Server 2003 r2 x64 and while I can get the App Verifier to run with the options indicated, when i try and execute setup.exe, it runs for about 2 seconds, doesn’t even get so far as to open the window that shows the files being copied / unpacked, and then Setup.exe disappears – no error, no warning, nothing …

Any thoughts, or any other way to ‘defeat’ this ridiculous requirements check??

Dave
PB
Patrick_Buser
Jul 10, 2007
Hi Dave

I too thought at first it didn’t work since nothing seemed to happen. Actually, I just wasn’t patient enough. For some reason, setup uses 100% CPU and fills up RAM during installation when launched with the application verifier in the background.

Just wait for a few minutes and the Setup-Box will popup… At least, it did on my boxes

hope this helps

patrick
DM
Dave_Minker
Jul 11, 2007
Patrick –

Despite the fact that the setup.exe *32 task disappeared almost immediately after launching it, I still waited ~25 minutes … the CPU never got over 3% and, unfortunately, no setup box.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Dave
JD
Joe_Dropkin
Jul 11, 2007
I’m in the same boat as Dave Minker. MS 2003 Server x64 SP2. Nothing after 30 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BP
Bruce_Patrick
Jul 16, 2007
Think it will work on Widows 2000 Pro?
Thanks
Patrick
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 16, 2007
The requirements are pretty straightforward. XP SP2 or Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate.

Bob
ML
Michael_Lubieniecki
Oct 20, 2007
If you need to install the new Photoshop on your server (not that you should do such things, mind you), here’s how. In the photoshop setup files folder, look for this:

Adobe CS3\Photoshop\Adobe CS3\payloads\AdobePhotoshop10en_US_volume\AdobePhotoshop10en _US_volume.proxy.xml

(My guess is you have to substitute US for whatever language version you have.) Open the file in a text editor (I used notepad2) and search for the string "Server2003" – you’ll find the following:

"Server2003":{"Exclude":true}

Change it to (duh)

"Server2003":{"Require":true}
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 20, 2007
The issue with the installer locking up or closing are not specific to running on the Server version of the OS. One solution that often works in XP is to open a command line and enter this: "regsvr32 jscript.dll". In Vista, instructions for this are found at Phil Sadler, "Cannot install Photoshop CS3 – Installer just dissappeared" #127, 22 Sep 2007 8:04 am </webx?14/126>. One or another of these may work in Server 2003.
MH
Mark_Holm
Jul 30, 2008
I’ve tried the edits but still cannot get the two items to not be greyed out. The one suggestion I haven’t been able to implement is to uninstall the Application verifier. How do I do that? I cannot find it under the uninstall menu, nor as an application supplied as part of either CS2 or CS3.

markh
JD
Joe_Dropkin
Aug 7, 2008
Thank you Mike. Worked perefectly. No problem on 2003 x64 R2.
JG
Jason_Gourley
Aug 13, 2008
Good advice but I am still seeing the options greyed out as well. Where do I uninstall Application Verifier? Also, is there a different file to edit if installing from the CS3 Premium Suite?
H
hunter92
Aug 26, 2008
I thought I would contribute what I had to do to make this work in case anyone else was running into the same issue.

1. Run Setup.exe from the first CD.
2. When the product key screen appears, kill Setup.exe with Task Manager.
3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\8bb24e071e5922899698c2105557bd2\paylo ads\AdobePhotoshop10en_US
4. Then make the edit to AdobePhotoshop10en_US.proxy.xml, changing the Server2003 system requirement parameter from Exclude to Require.

You can do the same for Illustrator. Those are the only ones I tried.
C
comporder1
Oct 24, 2008
I thought I would share my findings on installing CS4 Design Premium on Windows Server 2003. It is similar to the other fix outlined in this thread. I downloaded the app so I did not use the CD as the previous user.

First navigate to this uncompressed install folder: Design Premium\Adobe CS4\payloads\AdobeDesignSuitePremium4-mul\

Open (and make a copy just in case!): AdobeDesignSuitePremium4-mul.proxy.xml

Find this string near the bottom (it’s in the middle of a long statement. Keep looking!): "Windows":{"XP":{"Require":{"@lowerBound":1,

Replace with this: "Windows":{"Server2003":{"Require":true},"XP":{"Require ":{"@lowerBound":1,

You can see, you are just adding the server2003 case to the statment.

Works like a charm! Enjoy!
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 24, 2008
nice find! 🙂
C
comporder1
Oct 24, 2008
Glad to contribute 😉
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 25, 2008
that should go in the FAQ, imo. if we can get a confirmation on it…
BL
Bob Levine
Oct 25, 2008
Not gonna happen, Dave.

It’s unsupported. If folks want to search around for it, fine. But putting it in FAQs gives it more credibility and makes it appear to be supported.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 25, 2008
It’s unsupported.

so, this forum isn’t about what’s "supported" but what works for users in the real world. i think that if it could help some people run on an "unsupported" os, it’d be a good thing to have in there.

But putting it in FAQs gives it more credibility and makes it appear to be supported.

not if you make clear IN the faq itself that it’s unsupported.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 26, 2008
Supported is what Adobe officially supports.

Plenty of officially unsupported stuff works, but requires workarounds or specialized configurations. This User-to-User forum plays an important role in helping people get the information that is needed to facilitate unsupported uses, which you can’t get from the official source. I think it makes perfect sense to FAQ such information. We’re not talking about an Adobe Technote, after all. Just a User FAQ.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 26, 2008
yuppo!
C
comporder1
Oct 28, 2008
I need to make an addendum to my post above!

I didn’t catch this at first. A user was working with the suite and came to me and asked "Where is Illustrator?" Hummmm….

For some reason Illustrator rejected the forementioned hack. But the fix is just as easy. Just open:
Design Premium\Adobe CS4\payloads\AdobeIllustrator14mulAdobeIllustrator14mul.prox y.xml

Change:
"Server2003":{"Exclude":true},

to:
"Server2003":{"Require":true},

Again….. Enjoy!
FC
Ferdi_Cildiz
Mar 28, 2009
The application viewer solved my issue. Thanks for all men.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections