Posted By
gher
Jan 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

I have Photoshop CS4 Extended and have created a 3D sphere using the 3D menu. Under the render settings I have it set to edge style so that all you’re seeing is the grid structure that makes up the object.

I would like to be able to export this grid structure so that I can manipulate it further in Illustrator. Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Appreciate any help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 18, 2009
It is not possible you will have to make the glob with the grid structure using AI’s 3D Effect.

Support for this type of 3D space in Illustrator is a current feature request.
G
gher
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks for the reply,

Can you tell me whereabouts in Illustrator this 3D effect you’re talking about is located?
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 18, 2009
Effect>3D
G
gher
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks for the example. I tried it in Illustrator with the settings in your example but even though a drew a perfect circle, after applying the 3D effect mine looked like a doughnut shape instead of the circle. Not sure what’s going on.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 18, 2009
Ok you are revolving a path and therefor you have to have a half circle path yo do that of course by drawing a full Circle closed path then say select the left most point and delete it now you have a half Circle. Now you revolve the path and you will have your globe this is what it looks like when the effect is not applied or visible. You know in CS 4 you can turn of the visibility of an effect.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1a5s8rGzIA8VKjQy8V v0jN3YywRik>
G
gher
Jan 19, 2009
Thanks – that’s working well now. Is there any way to add more divisions to the grid structure so it looks more like the one in Photoshop?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections