LR
Posted By
Larry_Rugolo
Jan 16, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Because of some quirky behavior when launching Photoshop CS2, I decided to re-install the application from the installation CD. I tried several times. Each time, when the installation is almost complete, a pop-up window informs me that: "Install Failed. The following install step failed: run postflight script for Adobe Photoshop SC2. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I wrote to Adobe Customer Service. Their response was:
"Please note, Creative suite 2 have been discontinued after the release of Creative Suite 3. Therefore, you will not receive any technical support via phone for this product. You can, however, post questions and comments regarding tryout software on the User-to-User Forums on the Adobe Web site."

I would appreciate any insight as to why I cannot re-install CS2. My system details: Aluminum & Glass iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo, MacOSX 10.5.8, 320GB Maxtor HD, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, read/write CD & DVD, FireWire 400 & 800. Available HD space: about 190GB.

Thanks — Larry

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Jan 17, 2009
MacOSX 10.5.8

Really? ??? !
B
Buko
Jan 17, 2009
CS2 is not supported in Leopard. I suggest you upgrade now before tiered pricing kicks in. at the end of February.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 17, 2009
Larry,

Mac OS X 10.5.8

….is still a dream in Apple’s eyes. See: < http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/m acosx1056comboupdate.html>

But, as has been said, per Adobe, Mac OS X v10.5.x and CS2 have compatibility problems that will not be resolved by any further updates. Your best bet is upgrading to CS4 while there is still a price advantage in place.

Neil
R
Ram
Jan 17, 2009
Buko,

…before tiered pricing kicks in. at the end of February…

Is there something you know that you are at liberty to share in regard to this tiered pricing?
B
Buko
Jan 17, 2009
Well the creative suite will be $200 more March 1st when upgrading from CS2. I figured the same would be true for Photoshop.
R
Ram
Jan 17, 2009
I see… Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections