RL
Posted By
Russell_L_Andrews
Jul 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Addonics MFR DVD+/-R/RW can be used as a stand alone storage appliance (no computer is required) to do following:

* Direct back up of data from 10 different flash memory cards onto DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, CD-R or CD-RW discs
* Connect to TV to use as a regular DVD player
* Use as a stand alone MP3 player
* Direct play back of the digital image in flash memory, DVD+/-R/RW and CDRW media onto TV or Projector

The Addonics MFR DVD+/-R/RW can also become an external storage device to any computer via the fast USB 2.0 connection. Once attached to the computer, the MFR DVD+/-R/RW instantly becomes an external DVD+/-R/RW burner, CDRW burner, and an external 11-in-1 Flash memory reader/writer. Model # AEMFR842D
< http://www.shopaddonics.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId={63661F95-B3 5D-454F-85F4-C8AB1EVERESTD961C86}&ic=AEMFR842D&eq=&a mp;Tp=>
<http://tinyurl.com/6h29e>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jul 31, 2004
Russell,
The links don’t work.
Bert
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 31, 2004
Try this…

http://www.shopaddonics.com/

Then in categories (left side pane), click on Multi Function Recorder. This will bring the product.

Problem is, this site automatically opens a cart once you visit it. The cart session times out after a certain period of time.

Ray
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 31, 2004
How is this different from the Roadstor?
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jul 31, 2004
Thanks, Ray…yeah, it looked like I had to register to enter the site which I didn’t want to do.
RL
Russell_L_Andrews
Aug 1, 2004
Bert,
Sorry about that, I didn’t know it would do that. I’ve never bought anything there but thought others might find the product interesting. I never had to register to access their site or view their products. I think I accessed their site through another link now that I think about it. Maybe thats how I got through!

Russell
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 1, 2004
Russell,
No problem. Thanks for the link. Interesting product.
Bert
DS
Dick_Smith
Aug 1, 2004
Bert,

I was able to go to the site without registering. I think the registration thing was a result of the original url link.

Interesting product, for sure.

dick
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 1, 2004
Dick,
Yeah, that’s probably right. The link was for a registered user, and I didn’t supply his cookie, obviously.

Yes, it’s an interesting product. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. I go on extended trips with lots of photography, and I’m always afraid of running out of memory. The thing that makes a product like this less atractive all the time is the continuing decline in memory card prices. Our local discount electronics store (Fry’s) recently had 256MB CF cards for $19 after a $10 rebate. 512’s have been around $50 and yesterday they had a 1GB card for $99. In a year, those prices will be halved, or even less!
For the $300 this gadget costs, you can buy a lotta cards…maybe if it cost $100 it would make sense for me, dunno.
Bert
EDIT: One more thing…I’m trying to lighten my load when I travel, and this thing would just add one more straw to the poor camel’s load. 🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 1, 2004
Bert,

Is it possible to travel light with a camera?

Since I got my new one … it takes more bags on holiday than I do !! Why it even has its own holiday list 🙂

Wendy
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 2, 2004
Wendy,
You’re right…cameras will dominate your luggage…if you let them. I’m trying to pare my burden down to reasonable size…but cameras, batteries, memory cards, battery chargers, flash attachments, tripods,…the list goes on and on. My goal is to prevent photography from dominating my trips…but still to allow it to contribute to my enjoyment. It’s a fine line to tread.
Bert
DS
Dick_Smith
Aug 2, 2004
Isn’t that the truth! I used to think you needed to visit a place twice, once to see it and once to photograph!

In my case, Bert, if I don’t change cameras pretty soon I won’t be able to get media cards at all! Smart Media cards are getting to be in short supply. If you see a good deal on them at Fry’s let me know!

Dick
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 2, 2004
In my case, Bert, if I don’t change cameras pretty soon I won’t be able to get media cards at all! Smart Media cards are getting to be in short supply. If you see a good deal on them at Fry’s let me know!

Wish I’d known that, Dick. They had 128MB SM’s on sale last week…I think it was $19 after rebate. I’ll watch for it and let you know if they do it again.
I have an Olympus E-20 that uses SM’s but it has a CF slot as well. I have six 128MB SM cards and a bunch of 256MB CF’s which my wife’s Canon A70 also uses. I would like to convert to all CF cards someday. Maybe we could make a deal…
Bert
DS
Dick_Smith
Aug 3, 2004
Just let me know, Bert.
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 3, 2004
Dick,
Well…I thought about it. SIx cards in a nice little folding Olympus SM card carrier. Slightly used. Four are Olympus cards that came with the camera…the other two I added later.
We probably should take this offline. My Email address is: bigelowrs$$$$@aol.com. Leave out the $’s.
Bert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections