M
Posted By
MacWright
May 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchased a downloadable CS3 upgrade (for PC) from Adobe. I downloaded the executable on a Mac, put it on a DVD and tried to install it on my PC, but it wouldn’t install.

So, I downloaded the file directly on my PC from the Adobe site, it seems that it downloaded a second file in sequence and then it installed correctly. The question is….. can I backup a downloadable version on a DVD or will I need to purchase the backup disk from Adobe?

Are there multiple files required for the install that require the computer to download the file directly?

thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Michael Riddle
May 14, 2007
When you downloaded Photoshop CS3 you received two compressed files. You can save both of these files to a CD and this is your backup. If you ever have to use it, just copy them onto your desktop and execute them just as you did in the original installation.

I hope this helps

On Tue, 8 May 2007 18:26:30 -0700, wrote:

I purchased a downloadable CS3 upgrade (for PC) from Adobe. I downloaded the executable on a Mac, put it on a DVD and tried to install it on my PC, but it wouldn’t install.

So, I downloaded the file directly on my PC from the Adobe site, it seems that it downloaded a second file in sequence and then it installed correctly. The question is….. can I backup a downloadable version on a DVD or will I need to purchase the backup disk from Adobe?

Are there multiple files required for the install that require the computer to download the file directly?

thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections