LB
Posted By
Larry_Beston
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After making a duplicate image Photoshop Elements will not allow me to save the duplicate. I get a prompt, "Could not complete the close command because of a program error." What does this mean?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 25, 2004
it means Elements is havin a fussy fit. Try this, make ‘new’ document the size of your image and use the move tool to drag the image from the layers pallet to the new document. Hold down shift key to keep image centered on new document. Then save the image under a new name..preferably in psd format.
LB
Larry_Beston
Jul 26, 2004
Thanks for the reply. I’ll try it although not sure why I can’t just do what I’ve been doing for months: duplicate, adjust the image and save as a jpg. This was a nice feature of Photoshop Essentials now apparently gone.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 26, 2004
Larry, try reseting your preferences; on PC hold down alt+ctrl+delete the split second after launching the program. A pop up will ask if ya want to do so, say ‘yay’ and see if that fixes it.
LB
Larry_Beston
Jul 27, 2004
This is still not working and/or don’t like the hassle. What do you think of my reinstalling the software. Pain in the a** but….?
JT
Jane_Torres
Jul 27, 2004
I am having the same problem. Everything was fine – now I can’t save duplicates. I did try what Jodi said and that did work but I sure would like for it to work like it used to. Thanks Jodi!

The only thing that I can think that changed was that I downloaded and installed Acrobat Reader 6. I also have Acrobat 5 (full program) installed on my machine. I have since uninstalled Reader 6. I also tried reinstalling Elements 2. Still no saving duplicate images.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 27, 2004
Well here are the steps to savin duplicate that should not give any sort of error;

In layers palette right click on image and select ‘duplicate’. In pop up give it a name and under destination>document>select ‘new’ and click OK. Now you will have the duplicate…then click File>’save as’….check copy if needed. Savin in PSD format is best if you plan on doing future editing to the image.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections