DS
Posted By
David_Strube
Jan 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A former employee had Photoshop installed on his MacbookPro (OS X 10.4). It seems Photoshop has been deleted from /Applications, but I know it was installed on here at one time. (Adobe Bridge CS3 is still there.) Our office has a limited number of Photoshop licenses, and we need to deactivate the one that was installed on this Mac before we can use it on another laptop. So, how do I find where that license is?

I’ve found several possible clues like:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/installers/(long string of numbers and letters)/payloads/AdobePhotoshop10en_US/AdobePhotoshop10en_U S.proxy.xml

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jan 13, 2009
Photoshop would need to be installed to be deactivated
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 14, 2009
If you know the actual license number used on that machine (you should!), contact Adobe customer service.

Neil
DS
David_Strube
Jan 14, 2009
Thank you for the reply Buko!

Let me make sure I’m understanding you correctly: If I download and install a demo version of Photoshop on the old laptop that had Photoshop installed on it previously, then the demo version of Photoshop will detect and display the old license number?

If so, where in the newly installed Photoshop will I find the license, and does it matter which demo version of Photoshop I install?

Thanks!
SW
Scott_Weichert
Jan 15, 2009
The Demo will not work.

Install Photoshop on the new Machine, when asked to activate it, try. If it fails it will tell you to call Adobe Customer Service. Do that with your serial number in hand and an explanation of why you need to remove one of the activations.
B
Buko
Jan 15, 2009
Just use your install disks to reinstall Photoshop on the old computer. then deactivate. or you can do as Scott says. but as scott mentioned a Demo will not work as it has no activation.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections