MK
Posted By
Monte_Krause
May 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m curious as to why this latest version of Photoshop still does not recognize 4 gigs of RAM. It only sees 1686 MB of it? My computers processor is an Intel Core-Duo – is that part of the problem or does it just recognize whatever is handed to it by Vista?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 6, 2007
Hi Monte,

In WinXP and with 4GB of memory, it is necessary to boot with a /3GB switch in the boot.ini file so as to enable the allocation of the upper 1GB for Windows use, freeing up the lower 3GB so that apps such as Photoshop will fully see 3GB available to use. I know that Windows Vista does not support the /3GB switch in the same way as Windows XP, and also the boot process is done differently, but I believe there is still something you’ll have to do with the Vista boot options before PS will see 3GB available. I’ll be looking into the same thing as soon as I get my replacement 2GB of memory from Corsair sometime this week. As is I’m only running with 2GB.

Daryl

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections