RM
Posted By
re_mach
Jul 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to set the file > open > view to be thumbnails rather than details? No matter how often I change the view to be thumbnails, the next time I go to open a file it shows the availabale files as details.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 23, 2004
re mach,
In Windows_XP:
1. Configure the folder the way you want all folders to appear – thumbnails in your case
2. With that folder open, select tools>folder options. The folder options dialog box appears
3.Click the view tab. Near the top of this tab is is the Folder Views box. Inside this box is the Apply to All Folders button. Click it.
4. A confirmation box appears. Click yes
5. Click OK

Hope that this helps.

Ken
RM
re_mach
Jul 23, 2004
The method you describe works for all my "windows explorer" folders, BUT, NOT when I am working in PhotoElements. I am trying to open the file from within PE using File > Open. Hope this clarifies my problem.
NS
Nancy_S
Jul 23, 2004
re mach,

Try using the File Browser (on a tab near top of screen)
RM
re_mach
Jul 23, 2004
Thankyou for your suggestion. It works geat.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections