CC
Posted By
Carlos_Castillo
Jan 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use my R1800 for personal use. Since I can no longer purchase the replacement inks locally and I don’t want to fall to far behind technically, I was thinking about purchasing the R1900. Is there a visual or quality difference? I mostly print photos to matte paper (MOAB).
Carlos
OS Version 10.5.6

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 12, 2009
Carlos,

Why throw away a good printer? You can still buy genuine Epson inks online, and maybe for less than locally. Of course, there’s epson.com, but try newegg.com, macmall.com, jr.com, bhphotovideo.com, amazon.com and buy.com (but be sure to shop direct sales, not via their third parties).

I always shop online for my R2400 inks as they are never carried locally.

On the other hand, if you’re looking for an excuse to buy something new… <g>

Neil
BG
barry_gray
Jan 12, 2009
My favorite ink supplier:
<http://www.itsupplies.com/>
JF
john_findley
Jan 13, 2009
Fast and cheap:

<http://www.atlex.com/>
AW
Allen_Wicks
Jan 13, 2009
Why the need to buy inks locally?
L
LarryGR
Jan 13, 2009
I joined the Office Depot Advantage program. They stock R1800 ink in most of their stores and have it on line. AND they email coupons that are up to $10 off of a $30 purchase which can be used for ink. Then I get another 10% off as a member of the Advantage program. I end up paying a bit over $10 a cart.
R
Ram
Jan 13, 2009
Why the need to buy inks locally?

Some folks are not in the US and may need to deal with customs in their countries when shopping online from the USA.
S
SuperMacGuy
Jan 14, 2009
inkjetart.com
They love Epson and carry lots of product and have tons of articles on color mgt with Epson printers too

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections