Posted By
bhushanjain
May 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Does anyone know of a plug-in for Photoshop that will allow "save as" or export to SVG format? I am on windows and use photoshop CS.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JO
Jim_Oblak
May 4, 2007
SVG is ‘scaleable vector graphic’ so there seems to be a minimal need for such in an app used primarily for bitmap editing. Consider saving as PDF, open in Illustrator, then save as SVG.

Sure, Illustrator is quite an expensive plugin. 🙂

You may find easier and cheaper SVG creation in an app like Inkscape <http://www.inkscape.org/>.
NM
Nigel_Moore
May 4, 2007
More fundamentally, why do you want to export to SVG? Is this something that you could not do otherwise?

Nigel Moore, "To SVG or not to SVG?" #2, 9 Feb 2007 2:16 am </cgi-bin/webx?14/1>
ZA
Zak_Adelman
May 22, 2007
I am dealing with printers all the time and have to use Ai for the svg capabilities but am left with almost no capabilities from Ps or Fw. A plugin that would let me edit and save pictures anf not just text in eps with vectoring would make it much easier.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections