RA
Posted By
Robin_Astell
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Following an upgrade in OS to WinXP a user with limited privalages can not "initialize PE because the file is locked".
if the user is promoted to an Administrator the program runs normally. Explorer dose not show the .exe file as locked!
How can I set up this program to be used by a normal (limited) user?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Jul 19, 2004
Robin, are you on a network?
RA
Robin_Astell
Jul 20, 2004
We are currently upgrading our PC operating system to WinXP so we can change from a workgroup to a domain. At this stage we have some Win98 and some Winxp pc’s. The servers are Snap Network attached FAT32. The WinXP’s are using NTFS.
I hope this info helps you see our problem!!
RA
Robin_Astell
Aug 19, 2004
I wonder if anyone has any ideas on this – I’m foxed.
Regards
Robin
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 19, 2004
Much of what you describe could as easily have been said in Greek, because I understand so little of it. However, Elements was never designed to run on a network, so if this is what you’re trying to do that’s probably what’s causing the problem. It was designed for single users, home machines, and the person running it had to have administrative rights. Does that shed any light on the subject that may be helpful? Some people have gotten PSE to run on a network, but it took special manipulations, and they never did post with a detailed outline of their fix. Each configuration was so different that it probably wouldn’t have had very widespread application anyway.

Now if you’re lucky, someone else who has a better grasp of all of this will post and make me look like a fool by telling you exactly what you need to do to get it running. We can hope anyway. 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections