AP
Posted By
Atousa_Paulson
Jan 6, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I currently have Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Windows, but I just recently got a iMac that I want to use Photoshop on. I called Adobe and they can no longer send me a Mac version in place of my windows since it is an older version. They said check on here and hopefully someone would be kind enough to upload to me or send me the Mac version.
Here is the system info on my iMac OS X….
iMac 5,1
Intel Core 2 duo
2 GHz processor speed
memory 1GB , 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I would love any help I can get. I have a lots of photos I want to photoshop on my new (to me) Mac and I can’t !! Thank you in advance for any help 🙂

Thank you
Atousa

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jan 6, 2009
call customer service and upgrade to CS4 Mac, its called a crossgrade, if you are the registered owner.

no one can send you a copy of CS2 because all of our copies are linked to our licenses.
R
Ram
Jan 6, 2009
What you are asking for, Atousa, would be illegal. You must have misunderstood the Adobe rep.

Buko gave you the answer.
R
Ram
Jan 6, 2009
Before upgrading to CS4, make sure your machine meets the minimum system requirements.
AP
Atousa_Paulson
Jan 6, 2009
I understand but that is what the rep at Adobe said..I could upgrade or go to the Forums and find someone to upload Mac version. I assume they say it okay, since it is a old version. They don’t care, not sure. I was told this about an hour ago!
thanks
B
Buko
Jan 6, 2009
You need to upgrade.
R
Ram
Jan 6, 2009
Completely wrong information and totally illegal.

What that rep may have meant, go to forum and see if you find some Mac user who wants to switch to windows.

The transfer of license involves signing a letter of transfer of your Windows license and a letter from the Mac licensee transferring his Mac license to you. At that point, the Mac user can no longer use ANY Mac version of Photoshop because he had already used his CS2 license to upgrade. There would have to be a complete exchange of install media between both parties.

Uploading the application would be totally illegal in any event.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Jan 6, 2009
If you were to actually follow the crazy (and certainly illegal) advice of downloading another’s old license, why download one that you’d have to pay to upgrade to CS4? Just ask around for a free CS4 download. 🙂
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 6, 2009
You miss understood they meant perhaps you could find someone here who had an extra license they would be willing to sell you, even if they did not use those exact words.

If your iMac supports CS4 it would cost you the same thing more then likely.

BTW legal or illegal if you used someone else’s cross grade install it would be a waste of time as your windows serial number will not work on the Mac version. The $20 fee for the cross grade is for the Mac serial number which you can only get from Adobe but they do not sell it anymore.

Illegal or not it would not work, the support meant perhaps you could buy a Mac license for CS2 or 3 if someone wanted to part with their license for some reason.

Do yourself a favor upgrade to CS 4 if your iMac supports it and if not upgrade your iMac as well. You will be much happier, much more productive and it will prove more profitable.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections