T
Posted By
taxman150
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was cleaning up my old programs today and deleted an old Polaroid Photo program called PhotoMaxSE that I no longer used via the Add/Remove Programs function in Windows XP. I deleted some shared files that the uninstall program said were not used by other programs and I thought were safe to delete.

When I started up Photoshop Elements right after this, I received an error saying that Photshop wouldn’t start as it couldn’t find the PicEng.dll file. Photoshop did start after I clicked OK at this error prompt however. I read through some old posts indicating that this ..dll file was for some 3rd party software (presumably the deleted Polaroid software) and I thought that reinstalling this software might clear out the problem.

I did reinstall the Polaroid software and found that I no longer got the error related to the Pic.Eng.dll file when I went back into Photoshop. However, I am now getting a new error when I start Photoshop and every time I try to do a command in Photoshop.

The new error says:

"Entry Point Not Found – The procedure entry point ConvertToRgb24C could not be located in the dynamic link library CamFC.dll."

Can anyone please recommend how I get rid of this? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photshop and that doesn’t work. Although the program still seems to be operating properly, it is a pain to get this error message every time I try to do something in Photoshop.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Mike

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mike Russell
Jul 19, 2004
Edward Heath wrote:
I was cleaning up my old programs today and deleted an old Polaroid Photo program called PhotoMaxSE that I no longer used via the Add/Remove Programs function in Windows XP. I deleted some shared files that the uninstall program said were not used by other programs and I thought were safe to delete.

When I started up Photoshop Elements right after this, I received an error saying that Photshop wouldn’t start as it couldn’t find the PicEng.dll file. Photoshop did start after I clicked OK at this error prompt however. I read through some old posts indicating that this .dll file was for some 3rd party software (presumably the deleted Polaroid software) and I thought that reinstalling this software might clear out the problem.

I did reinstall the Polaroid software and found that I no longer got the error related to the Pic.Eng.dll file when I went back into Photoshop. However, I am now getting a new error when I start Photoshop and every time I try to do a command in Photoshop.
The new error says:

"Entry Point Not Found – The procedure entry point ConvertToRgb24C could not be located in the dynamic link library CamFC.dll."
Can anyone please recommend how I get rid of this? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photshop and that doesn’t work. Although the program still seems to be operating properly, it is a pain to get this error message every time I try to do something in Photoshop.

Edward,

Google is your friend. A variety of problems with this dll, and a section entitled Deleting and re-installing CamFC.dll are located here: http://www.cameratechsupport.com/ibm/popup_troubletipv4.htm

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
T
taxman150
Jul 19, 2004
"Mike Russell" …
Edward Heath wrote:

When I started up Photoshop Elements right after this, I received an error saying that Photshop wouldn’t start as it couldn’t find the PicEng.dll file. Photoshop did start after I clicked OK at this error prompt however. I read through some old posts indicating that this .dll file was for some 3rd party software (presumably the deleted Polaroid software) and I thought that reinstalling this software might clear out the problem.

The new error says:

Edward,

Google is your friend. A variety of problems with this dll, and a section entitled Deleting and re-installing CamFC.dll are located here: http://www.cameratechsupport.com/ibm/popup_troubletipv4.htm

Thanks for your response and sorry if I am being "thick", but I do not see the section you mention (for deleting and re-installing CamFC.dll) for XP at the link that you sent me. I see something in tips 20 and 21 that may relate to my problem, but it doesn’t seem to relate to XP.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections