MW
Posted By
marianne_w
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would appreciate it if someone can share with me how to blur a face on an image for the purpose of masking identity. I tried the blur tool and it creates only a slight blurring effect no matter what settings I use within the blur tool (brush type, size, mode, strength tool).

Thank you,
Marianne

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 18, 2004
Good morning, Marianne. Make a rough selection of the face with the lasso tool, selection brush, etc., then use Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur and set the radius control as high as you need. I’d recommend doing this on a copy of the background layer, though, so you don’t blur your original.

chuck
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 18, 2004
Marianne

Just mask of the face you want blurred and apply Gaussian Blur to it. By selecting a large number for radius you should be able to blur it out of existence. Now it you want to get funky you can use Filter > Pixelate > Mosaic you can get it to look like one of those 1950 true crime type magazine images.

Grant
MW
marianne_w
Jul 19, 2004
It worked like a gem! Thank you Chuck and Grant.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections