EM
Posted By
Edward_McCain
Jan 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to make Photoshop stop hiding the top left corner of my images under the toolbar, when the toolbar is parked by default at the top left of the workspace? If not, is there a way to suggest to Adobe that they fix this, so I don’t have to move each and every window when I need to see the entire image at once? It would also seem natural to have Photoshop be smart enough to know that I have side palette windows open and to not put images under toolbars, palettes, etc. Anyone out there have the same problems when zooming in and out on images?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jan 2, 2009
command + 0
C
Cindy
Jan 2, 2009
Wish that worked in Illustrator too.
AR
alan_ruta
Jan 3, 2009
I’m not sure how/why adobe would allow that but it is easy enough to press tab (removes all tools), drag the window down and then tab again to bring back tools.

alan
R
Ram
Jan 3, 2009
not sure how/why adobe would allow that

Out of sheer executive incompetence, insufficient beta testing and negligence. There can be no other explanation(s).

press tab (removes all tools)

Well, I find it easier to tap the F key.
R
Ram
Jan 3, 2009
Incidentally, it’s not just the Tools, it’s totally possible to push the top of the image window when you’re moving it so it ends up under the Options Bar.

That is new behavior in CS4 and totally unacceptable.
EM
Edward_McCain
Jan 24, 2009
Thanks for the support Ramón. I find it annoying that such a seemingly common sense idea such as allowing the user to see the full window without dragging, moving, using command keys, etc. When you are working with a lot of images day after day, it really is something that Adobe should fix.
P
Phosphor
Jan 25, 2009
Edward,

This happens when the Tools palette is not in the exact right position, slightly to the right from absolute left and down a touch from the Options Bar. I don’t know how to describe it better, but experiment until you find the right position and Save that Workspace and it won’t happen again.
R
Ram
Jan 25, 2009
It’s entirely possible and way too easy for the top of the document window to end up under the Options Bar, totally hidden by the latter. This can happen when you’re just dragging the window up.

That should never happen, ever. Period.

If anyone knows of a way to prevent it, please share that information.
P
Phosphor
Jan 25, 2009
Window>Arrange>Cascade or Tile will do it.
R
Ram
Jan 25, 2009
Thanks, Ed.
P
Phosphor
Jan 25, 2009
BTW, this issue has been around since 5.5 at least, I believe. So I wouldn’t expect them to go fixing it now.
B
Buko
Jan 25, 2009
command + zero key stroke is so easy I see this as a non issue.
R
Ram
Jan 25, 2009
BTW, this issue has been around since 5.5 at least

Can’t believe I hadn’t noticed it before. :/

I see this as a non issue

A very minor one, in any case.
R
Ram
Jan 25, 2009
Now that I think about it, I should be on Apple’s case, asking them to allow us to move a window from any of its edges. like in Windoze.
P
Phosphor
Jan 26, 2009
Command + zero is good. You can’t drag windows by their edges in Windows either.
R
Ram
Jan 26, 2009
You can’t drag windows by their edges in Windows either.

I can on my windoze vista laptop. ???

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections