JC
Posted By
Jovita_Chow
May 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I used Wacom tablet(Intuos GD) to draw in Photoshop CS2(Windows 200), Photoshop crashed again and again, although I installed the newest drive for the tablet. Any solutions? Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 2, 2007
No idea here Jovita, but other info that you might provide is whether you’re using your tablet in conjunction with a mouse, trackball, or other pointing device? And, if so, what brand? Hmmm…and what brand is your keyboard?

In other words, as input devices are all creating interrupts to process their signals, I’d suggest you ensure that all input devices have current drivers.

Daryl
JC
Jovita_Chow
May 2, 2007
Daryi,

I am using Silicon Graphic Zx10 computer with SGI keyboard and mouse but only when using pen on Wacom tablet would cause the crash on Photoshop CS2.

Jovita
D
dcole
May 2, 2007
It doesn’t help you but I had this happen to me three times in a row yesterday but with CS3 and using a Wacom Intuos3 with the pen tool. Suddenly, as I was working with a brush the screen went a transparent white and the error message "This program has to close" comes up, forcing me to close and restart the prog.

Despite having the most recent Intuos3 driver, I’ve had some pretty strange pen behaviour in PS (CS2 and CS3) with the Intuos3 since installing Vista. The problem could be any of a number of things. Thinking it might be a conflict with my Logitech mouse, I tried removing the Logitech driver and going to an MS mouse but that made no difference – I still got erratic behaviour – like a slow cursor – happening. The Wacom site has not been much help.

Don’t know what the answer is.David
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 2, 2007
The screen going white may indicate a video driver problem. Have you tried turning down hardware acceleration to troubleshoot the video driver?
D
dcole
May 2, 2007
Thanks. I’ll look into it. I am using the latest Nvidia driver (for my Gigabyte 7600GT vga card).

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections