SP
Posted By
steve_peters
Dec 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The color sample tool seems to work differently than previous versions of PS. In previous versions, if you had multiple color adjustment layers, it did not matter which adjustment layer you had selected, you would still get the same rgb numbers. With CS4, each time you select a different color adjustment layer you can get different numbers? I know that the top most adjustment layer will read the correct numbers, but it can be a little confusing if you are not paying attention to what you are doing. Is there anyway to change this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Dec 30, 2008
I hadn’t even noticed that.

I suppose it has to do with the new Adjustments-panel, so I’m afraid one probably cannot change that. In the modal dialog in CS3 the readings would also only incorporate the layers up to the selected Adjustment Layer, so the new non-modal dialog necessitates that behaviour permanently, I guess.

You could deselect the Adjustment Layer by command-clicking it in the Layers-panel though.
R
Ram
Dec 30, 2008
Working fine here.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections