AP
Posted By
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve downloaded the Photoshop CS4 trial from Adobe’s website and when I try and create a new file I get an error saying

"Missing Component Library/Application Support/Adobe/Version Cue CS4/ somefile.framework"

is missing. I checked and the folder Version Cue CS4 doesn’t exist. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I’m getting the same error. Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Dec 19, 2008
Go into Preferences and disable Version Cue.

Tried uninstalling

Did you use the Adobe uninstaller?
AP
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Yea, I used the uninstaller and then downloaded the .dmg again but still had the problem, I’ll try disabling Version Cue.
AP
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Version Cue was not selected and I was still having the problem, the complete error is:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS4/Client/4.0.0/VersionCue.framework
R
Ram
Dec 19, 2008
There are at least three different places to enable Version Cue, I believe two in Bridge and one in Photoshop, or viceversa.
AP
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Could you be a little more specific, I looked an I only found the one place in Photoshop and none in Bridge. Thanks.
R
Ram
Dec 19, 2008
Sorry, I don’t have time to look for you right now. Will try doing that later. I’ll be back late this evening.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 19, 2008
Photoshop/Preferences/FileHandling – at the bottom of the dialog System Preferences, Version Cue
Bridge CS4 has no setting for VC that I can see.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 20, 2008
There are two VC Enablers in Bridge CS4 Preferences/Scripts.

You need to uncheck both of them
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
OK, Ann has the correct answer.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 20, 2008
Ann – do you mean the Bridge CS4, Preferences, Startup Scripts? I see no such choices there. I only have the default scripts for PSCS4 Extended (release version) installed. And VC turned off in all other places.
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
As I indicated earlier, three instances of Version Cue in preferences:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1751Y3LK6E5vgpMU9i 5tw9byPJN> Two in Bridge

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1V2jjBBoDIcUvQhNIj Q7aLqxyw8ps> One in Photoshop
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 20, 2008
Yes I know.
I have the one in Photoshop CS4 extended (and the one in System Preferences which is not active though), but not the ones in Bridge CS4, I assure you, they are not there. I have uninstalled Version Cue all together and then you do not have those 2 in Bridge CS4 startup scripts. So it might very well be that not every installation has it depending on what you installed and what you activated. I normally opt out of installing VC when I install a Suite.
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
Nini,

I don’t have the whole suite, just Photoshop 11 and older versions of Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat that I’ve never felt a need to upgrade. Never used Version Cue, don’t remember ever seeing a choice to install it or not.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 20, 2008
RamΓ³n, when you install the Suite you can either install the whole thing with all its parts or do a custom install and choose which parts to install and which not.
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
Understood.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections