VE
Posted By
Virginia_Erickson
Jul 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use XP, I’m a newbie. Since Elements doesn’t recognize Home Deluxe’s .PDD’s, I converted about 300 photos to .JPGS using ACDSee’s Format Conversion and many were successful conversions. But so many others were not.
Why are so many photos just the size of thumbnails and greenish in color (completely unusable) and some the regular size but still greenish, blackish and totally unacceptable.
And what are hpothb07.tif files. I can see them, some pixelated, greenish and connected together but I can’t do anything with them. Did the conversions grab up the .tif’s and put them in what looks like a strip of film?
When working in Home Deluxe 3 many times I saved (Exported) a file, not only as a .jpg but as a .tif and sometimes a gif. I’m confused. I just went to Home Deluxe, brought up an important photo that I don’t want to mess up, and did the Export to .jpg and it is safely and properly in Elements. But, when I did a batch with just 5 files, it was not successful. They are tiny black rectangles which say the file has to be a Photoshop file. Help Please. Thanks so much.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
RobertHJones
Jul 11, 2004
Virginia,

I don’t know what ACDSee did to your image files, but Photoshop Elements can easily read PhotoDeluxe PDD files. I used to have PhotoDeluxe Home Edition and switched to Photoshop Elements 2.0 and was able to open all my old PDD files.

PDD is actually a subset of the Photoshop .PSD file format and should open with ease from within Elements. Don’t double click on the PDD file from outside of Elements, the PDD file association will cause the computer to try to open PhotoDeluxe unless you changed the association. If necessary, you could even just rename the PDD to PSD with no problems.

I would open the PDD files and resave as PSD anyway though, just to be sure my files were using the latest specification.

Bob
VE
Virginia_Erickson
Jul 11, 2004
Bob
Thanks so much, it worked. I’m glad people like you are out there! This user to user forum is wonderful.
Ginny

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections