LM
Posted By
Linda_M_Clark
Apr 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I started having the issue that I have seen in other topics with Photoshop CS2 suddenly starting to return the error at the welcome screen:
"Adobe Photoshop user name, org. or serial number is missing or invalid. App cannot continue and must now exit." I clicked on OK and the program would shut down. Like the others in the topic I have used CS2 since it was released and have a valid serial number. I tried to reinstall it so I tried to uninstall the programs. However in Add/Remove Programs there is no option to Change/Remove any of the Photoshop CS2 programs. The Change/Remove button is just not there at all.

I was able to install the Beta version of Photoshop CS3 and use it with no problem. Yesterday I received the Photoshop CS3 Extended. I uninstalled the Beta version of CS3 but all of the CS2 apps are still on my computer. I cannot access them nor can I remove them. I don’t want to just delete the folders since that leaves all the garbage in my registry even if it did work. I would like to get rid of the CS2 programs before I install the PS CS3 Extended. Any suggestions about how I might be able to do this?

Thanks,
Linda

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LM
Linda_M_Clark
Apr 24, 2007
A post a couple of hours ago about Manually removing Photoshop CS3 gave me a search option that I had not used. When I searched the KB for manually removing Photoshop CS2 I got the information that I had searched for using assorted uninstall queries. I was finally able to remove CS2 from my system.

Thanks,
Linda

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections