RR
Posted By
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to post my graphic novel online. I know how to save in PDF format, but how do I save it so that multiple pages are displayed? Your help will be greatly appreciated, and noted at the end of the graphic novel!

Thanks1

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AC
Art Campbell
Apr 17, 2007
Your Caps Lock key is stuck…

And to answer your question, you don’t. You use Adobe Acrobat to join the individual PDF files from PS either into a larger PDF or a PDF package.

Art
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 17, 2007
For a start, you need to use a layout program.

Photoshop is primarily an image editor and not for creating multi-page documents.

What other programs do you have?

Edit: or do what Art said.
SM
Stuart_McCoy
Apr 17, 2007
Actually, there’s a slightly easier way I re-discovered. Bridge has a tool for converting multiple PSD files into a single PDF. Open Bridge and go to the folder that contains all your images. Select them all then go to Tools > Photoshop > PDF Presentation (note: I do not know if this also requires the full version of Acrobat Professional as well). You’ll be presented with a PDF creation dialog box. One hidden feature I discovered that can make re-ordering files a little easier is to right-click (ctrl-click for Mac users) the file list box and choose show filename only. This makes it easier, if your file names are logical, to reorder your pages as necessary.
BL
Bob Levine
Apr 17, 2007
Actually, I had forgotten that you could choose presentation in the PDF Presentation command from the file>automate menu.

From there just pick the files you want to combine and by choosing presentation instead of multipage PDF you can choose the slide transitions.

Note: this is for CS2. I don’t remember what capabilities CS or earlier had.

Bob
LL
Larry_Ligon
Apr 17, 2007
Save each page as a PDF document in a folder by themselves. For best results, each page should be the same size and resolution.

Then select File>Automate>PDF Presentation…

On the dialog "Output Options" select "Multi-page Document".

Use the "Browse" button to select your files from your folder.

Then select "Save". You will then be presented with a series of options.

Larry
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 17, 2007
I’m guessing that would be in the newer version of PS. I have 7.0. No way to do it with that, huh?
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 17, 2007
None of which I’m aware. By layout, you mean web layout? MS Publisher.
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 17, 2007
….Bridge?
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 17, 2007
And how pray tell does one go about doing that?
AC
Art Campbell
Apr 17, 2007
Adobe has a free 30-day eval of Acrobat 8 Pro on the site…

Art
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 17, 2007
And how pray tell does one go about doing that?

By upgrading to CS3. Bridge is the file management system introduced in CS2 to replace the "browser" in previous versions.

As for File>Automate>PDF Presentation… I can vouch that it works just great for creating multi page PDFs

Chris.
P
Phosphor
Apr 17, 2007
There MUST be some free and open source PDF utility apps that will allow you to do this on Windows systemns. I have one that’s quick-n-dirty to do this on my Macs, called PDFlab:

<http://www.iconus.ch/fabien/pdflab/>
TL
troy_lauffer
Apr 23, 2007
Did you get any of these to work? I know of a real tedious way to get a multi page pdf, but it works. I save all the psd’s as pdf’s. Then open the first page. Document>insert page. Open the next page in the dialog.

And repeat for the whole book. I know there’s gotta be some automated way to achieve this, but this is all I’ve got for now. Hope I didn’t waste anyone’s time!
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 24, 2007
Thanks ever so much Troy. No, you didn’t waste my time. But it didn’t work. When you say "Open the first page", do you mean open it with Photoshop or in Acrobat?
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 24, 2007
Did anybody read post #11?

chrisjbirchall, "HOW DO I SAVE MULTI PAGES IN PDF?" #11, 17 Apr 2007 3:12 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/10>
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 24, 2007
Info received! Thanks ever so much for your input!
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 25, 2007
Got it! Thanks all!
RR
Rene_Rivera_300
Apr 25, 2007
Got it! Thanks, all!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections