O
Posted By
onyx86
Apr 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey, I have a new factory in China that is having trouble viewing my box designs in every format that I try to send them. I’ve sent them PSDs (flat and unflat), PDF, and JPEG. The image is 300dpi and quite large, yet they tell me they see jagged edges on the text. No other factories have problems with the PSDs I send them. I use CS2.

They want the file in .CDR (CoreDRAW) format, but I cannot seem to find any way to make this happen. Apparently they use CorelDRAW 9 and tell me that this is the format of choice for all of China. Does anyone else deal with getting designs to China have these problems?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 10, 2007
You should be able to copy an Illustrator file and paste it or open it into a CorelDraw document I think. More a question for the Illustrator folks. Photoshop is a pixel-based program; sounds like they want vector art.
O
onyx86
Apr 10, 2007
Hmmm. Yea I knew of course about Photoshop being pixel based, I just forgot that CDR is a vector format. I haven’t used CorelDRAW since like, 5th grade computer class. I guess they want the file in some kinda vector form. Seems silly to me though, since the box is mostly a bitmap image of a kitchen. The only part that would be vector is the text. I thought giving them the unflattened PSD file would achieve this same effect.

Oh well, looks like im redoing the box in Illustrator.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections