Text cursor and text not showing up. HELP!!!

AH
Posted By
Allison_Hoffer
Apr 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I am using the Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium fo Windows [it is the educational version].

I am having problems with my text cursor. When I go to add text to an image, the small black box appears, but the blinking cursor does not.

If I type something in and select another tool, or click outside the field, the layer is titled whatever I have typed.

I have tried saving it and looking at it with out photoshop, and the text doesn’t show up. I have already uninstalled it and then put it back on my computer.

I was working on a photo, and clicked the text button and i wasn’t there. Nothing suspicious happened beforehand.

Hopefully, yu can help me. =]

My e-mail is

Thanks you so much. =]

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 9, 2007
It sounds like the text size or its baseline offset is messed up. Try this: Create a text layer by clicking with the text cursor. Now go to the character palette and use the little triangle to "reset character" or its equivalent. Now set the size to a reasonable size given your image size. Hint: use pixels instead of points if your image is a specific pixel size; only use points if you are targeting print and have dimensions in inches. Type and see what you get.
AH
Allison_Hoffer
Apr 9, 2007
okay. i see what you mean. i got the text to show up- at 1296 pt. what i dont get is where i need to change the number- when i go to reset the character, i dont choose any numbers…
B
Bernie
Apr 9, 2007
What’s the resolution of your file?

Make sure it’s between 72 and 300 ppi
AH
Allison_Hoffer
Apr 9, 2007
okay, i’ve got it working! The resolution bit helped, as well as messing around with the percentages. Thank you all so much! =]
P
Phosphor
Apr 9, 2007
Percentages, ehhh?
L
lcaterbone
Apr 21, 2007
Ok…I had the same thing happen to me. I was working on an advertisement photo and tried to add text. I was unable to view it. After reading the above forum post from Cybernetic Nomad I was able to fix it:

"What’s the resolution of your file? Make sure it’s between 72 and 300 ppi"

What I want to know is why my file mysteriously went from 300 resolution to 1 – which is what caused this problem to begin with.

I have to admit, this version of Adobe products (CS2) is the most buggiest version ever. I have had many "mysterious" things happen with the Creative Suite 2 version.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 22, 2007
Actually, this mysterious behavior has been reported since version 4 if not earlier AFAIK. It is a common problem and topic here.

On the other hand, it has never happened to me and probably not to most other users either.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 22, 2007
it’s probably some silly key combo that’s suspiciously close to something that’s used often. hit it and the resolution changes. easy enough and non destructive to change it back.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections