R
Posted By
RMFowler
Apr 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Photoshop 7 on a Windows PC with XP installed. I need to use Verdana in Photoshop, but it isn’t showing on my list. I know for a fact it is on my computer as it is in other programs and I looked at my computer’s font list.

I’ve heard there is a limitation on the number of fonts Photoshop will show on it’s list, but is there a way to make the ones you want to show up show?

I do a lot of things like screenshots where I have to edit the information or something for the graphic and need to make it match the rest of the font. I’ve been using Arial, but of course that doesn’t match.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RMF

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Apr 6, 2007
There has been mention of a limit to the number of fonts but it is fairly high. How many do you have installed?
AM
Annico_Moxi
Apr 6, 2007
I have problem too with verdana not be visible. It stop list on P, sometime on Q or R, sometime it show all fonts, sometime there is only ONE font in list, and i know all font i use work in photoshop, because they load ok sometimes (1 of 100 times) and i have used all of them. This is a extremely annoying bug in photoshop and is in CS2 also, i wonder why adobe is so lazy and do not care fix this bug, so many have problem with it and it was there in photoshop 6 too, maybe also in 5. It is also extremely poor of photoshop if it do not handle 400 font sometimes it show 30, sometimes 370. I once had 3000 font install and it sometimes show 30, sometimes 2500, next time 1400, next time all 3000, next time only 1, next time 150, i start and stop photoshop many times, it may show all fonts after start and stop this program 20-100 times. Is there really no bugfix coming for solve this problem? If i close other programs, i get more fonts. If winamp is stopped, i get more fonts then if winamp play. It look like this is a timer saying stop, not loading fonts after "x" second and if computer is very fast, i get more fonts in list, so i now always wait until computer do nothing until i load photoshop and maybe i am lucky get all fonts in list. It is a very annoying bug.
What other photo editor is recommended, where all font works, if i can not use photoshop because of this bug?
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 7, 2007
Normally if all fonts installed are themselves bug-free and not corrupt Photoshop will handle them correctly.

Many free fonts, especially those obtained in quantities of several thousand, are faulty and will cause Photoshop to reject them or stall while reading them. It is not a bug, but a feature of a professional program trying to deal with amateur behaviour.

Reduce your installed fonts to those you really need and eliminate any of those that are faulty.
R
RMFowler
Apr 12, 2007
The only mention I ever saw was something like 95 fonts. Apparently I happen to have 96 fonts installed on my computer. I just started the job February 28th and have not updated any fonts. I had to install Photoshop on this computer along with updating Acrobat and Visio and things like that, but haven’t installed any fonts myself since I’m doing mainly documentation and such and am not a graphics guru here.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 12, 2007
I don’t know where the number 95 comes from. Photoshop will deal with 100s (or even 1000s apparently) if none is faulty.

You can see how many are installed by looking at C:\WINDOWS\Fonts.

Try temporarily moving all to another folder apart from the standard Windows fonts (which include Verdana) listed here: <http://www.kayskreations.net/fonts/fonttb.html>
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 12, 2007
What other photo editor is recommended, where all font works, if i can not use photoshop because of this bug?

Annico, the bug is not in Photoshop, but in one of your fonts. The symptoms you describe make me think that you have downloads some of your fonts from the web, and many of these are buggy.

If you want a photo editor that is as good as photoshop, but works with buggy fonts … well, there just isn’t one. You might try Corel Draw, but it is only (if that) half of what Photoshop is.
O
openjam
Apr 13, 2007
Can anyone tell me how to keep fonts from PS7 and other software prior to removing the software.

Also, how the heck do you post a new message in this room.

tq
R
RMFowler
Apr 13, 2007
You have to click Add New Topic I believe it is.

See next response…
R
RMFowler
Apr 13, 2007
You have to login and go to Photoshop Windows and click Add Topic at the bottom of the gray box above the list of topics.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections