CS
Posted By
Coleman_Sweeney
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need some help, please. My spatter filter no longer spatters randomly and wildly like it used to. Now the filter makes the spatter effect appear much more symetical and clean. I need some help in figuring out how to change it back to the way it was. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Coleman

Here is an image that I whipped together showing my old spatter filter effect and the new one. The old one is the top, as you can tell it looks alot more randomized. The new one is the bottom image, it looks alot cleaner and less wild.

<http://home.comcast.net/~cs42886/muz.bmp>

Please help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 2, 2004
Well, Radius and Smoothness are only two controls for it. Can’t get the effect you want by changing those?

If not, I imagine that deleting prefs will reset it (but will reset everything else too).

M
CS
Coleman_Sweeney
Jul 2, 2004
The two controlling slides for Spray Radius and Smoothness do not effect the filter in the way that I want it to. Also, how would I go about deleting preferences? I’m sort of new to photoshop. Thanks for such a quick response. 🙂
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 2, 2004
Do one of the following to re-create the Elements Photoshop preferences file:

— Restart Photoshop Elements and immediately press Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until you receive the message "Delete the Photoshop Elements Settings File?" Click Yes.

or

— Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs.psp file in the Windows/Application Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs folder. Mac OS, Drag the Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs file from the Users: [user name]: Library: Preferences: Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs folder to the Trash.

M
CS
Coleman_Sweeney
Jul 2, 2004
Actually, I am using Photoshop 7.0. I suppose this wasn’t the correct forum to post this in but I couldn’t find the other photoshop forums. If you could help me out for 7.0 that would be awesome.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 2, 2004
http://www.pbase.com/image/30853941/original

Look at this image, it will help you locate the Photoshop Forum…

Ray
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 2, 2004
Advice is mostly the same.

Three fingered salute the same.

M
CS
Coleman_Sweeney
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks alot! That three fingered salute worked perfectly. 😀
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 2, 2004
Very good, glad it worked.

M
CS
Coleman_Sweeney
Jul 2, 2004
Ok, I was wrong… It worked, but only for the first time. When I shut down Photoshop and rebooted the program, the filter went back to the old way. Is there any way to make it stay the way I wanted it to?
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 3, 2004
Weird…

Sure you didn’t change the settings for the filter?

Filters generally remember the last settings.

Maybe you *should* ask in Photoshop forum…

M
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 3, 2004
the filters are identical between both programs. Wondering if it was ‘sprayed strokes’ the poster was needing…or a mixture of both.
CS
Coleman_Sweeney
Jul 3, 2004
How would I go about looking at filter settings? And by filter settings do you just mean the spray radius and the smoothness settings?
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 5, 2004
Well, I’ve been playing around with the spatter filter in CS. I notice that you mention you are using CS on the Photoshop forum. I found something interesting which might be useful although it doesn’t explain the problem. If you hold in the ctrl key while in the spatter dialog box, the cancel key turns into a default setting key. I thought this might be useful information for your situation being that it’s such a pain setting all the preferences up again. I tried the alt key but this just makes a reset button which I didn’t think would be useful in this instance.

Terri
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 5, 2004
….and no this doesn’t work in PSE2. Not sure if this will really help or not. I’m curious whether this will work or just reset the input numbers leaving the corruption.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections